Icewind Dale II v.2.01 Patch
- Category Traditional
- Size 5 MB
- Program by Black Isle Studios
Icewind Dale II v.2.01 Patch
This official patch addresses a few issues with Icewind Dale II, including a number of tweeks to effects, rules, and user interface. This official patch replaces earlier beta versions.
ICEWIND DALE II
This file contains the log of the fixes and changes made to Icewind Dale II since it's initial release.
VERSION 2.01 - [v2.01.1016]
- Added a new character script, "Fighter Generic", which acts very similar to Fighter Aggressive, but does NOT do weapon switching.
- Added new powerful armor into stores and random treasure tables in the later portion of the game.
- Added retries to help those who are having problems with random assertion message crashes in "chdatatypes.cpp" and other spots where assertion messages come up during loading.
- Fixed crash problem with Glyph of Warding spell on Kyro-based video cards.
- Fixed crash when viewing the inventory or choosing an appearance when using a Kyro-based video card.
- Fixed problem with music not fading properly at the end of loading a level or save game.
- Fixed a problem where some players could not continue into Day 4 in Dragon's Eye.
- Fixed problem with only one Protection from Electricity effect ever being applied to the player in the Chamber of Sorcery.
- Fixed potential problem with completing quest to clear the River Caves of monsters for the Duergar.
- Fixed problem with being able to permanently kill the Iron Monks in the
Chamber of Battle.
- Fixed a problem with blank screenshots showing up during auto-saved games.
- Fixed a crash with viewing item descriptions in the Inventory when in 24-bit color mode.
DIALOG / NPC
- Made a number of changes to various monster and NPC scripts (in part to fix problems with exploitation of Otliuke's Resilient Sphere).
- Fixed unlimited XP bug with Drothan's dialog.
- Nickademus is no longer a game-critical character when the player returns to the Ice Temple after Dragon's Eye.
- Modified Toral's dialog to include Cleric of Bane responses.
- Fixed potential cutscene hang with Venomin in Dragon's Eye.
EFFECTS / SPELLS
- Charm: Fixed problem with animals always being charmed even if you leave an an area and return.
- Disguise: Fixed crash bug when loading a save game with a player that has the Disguise effect (the most common problem occurring from robes) and having a shield in Weapon Combo 1, and a crossbow or bow as the currently selected weapon.
- Eagle's Splendor: Necromancers can now scribe Eagle's Splendor into their spellbooks.
- Energy Drain: Fixed a problem with people who died with Energy Drain active, causing the game to become more and more sluggish, particularly in
multiplayer. This was reported when using the Scimitar of Souls/Soulless.
- Improved Invisibility: Fixed reported problems with Improved Invisibility not always providing a targeting circle after an attack is made.
- Lingering Song: Benefits from Lingering Song no longer apply to neutrals and enemies.
- Tensor's Transformation now disables spell buttons instead of removing them.
- Fixed a number of problems with incorrect saving throw types and DC's on a variety of spells.
- Fixed a problem with the user interface switching back to level 1 spells when selecting spells while certain other effects were active.
- Fixed crash when selling unidentified items in bags to store keepers.
- Fixed random crash/lockup when clicking on the World Map.
- Fixed a problem with keyboard shortcuts not always working for "Equip Melee" and "Equip Ranged"
- Fixed problem with Clerics who level up as Sorcerers or Bards not being able to select spells that overlap their domain spells.
- Fixed problem with purchasing certain stackable items and only receiving one of a particular stack instead of the entire stack and still paying full price.
- Fixed problem with stacks of multiple items purchased in stores being
reduced to the single item price if the player sells an item before hitting the 'Buy' button.
- Lyre of Progression: Still goes into the Shield slot, but no longer causes penalties to spell casting, attack rolls, or skills.
- Made statistic and descriptions changes to a big number of items throughout the game.
- Fixed a problem where rolling a natural 20 was still not permitting a player to hit a monster that had AC far greater than the player's normal ability to hit.
- Bards now correctly use Charisma modifier for spell DC's instead of
- Fixed problem with equipped items that enhance saving throws interfering
with Paladin's bonuses to saving throws.
- Fixed half-save problem with Improved Evasion feat when failing a save.
- Racial modifiers are now only applied after Character Creation is completed (fixes problem with racial modifiers being added to a character when selecting a race and almost completing Character Creation, and then going back and changing it to another race).
- Fixed problem with incorrect Turn Undead calculation of multiclassed Paladins and Clerics.
- Fixed problem with Hide() command not being reset for scripts. This should fix rogue-based scripts that are intended to automatically hide a rogue.