Super Street Fighter II Turbo - US CD version 1.5 patch
This is the final patch released by Eurocom that fixes many...
- Category Fighting
- Size 1 MB
- Program by Eurocom
Super Street Fighter II Turbo - US CD version 1.5 patch
This is the final patch released by Eurocom that fixes many issues
in the North American CD version of Super Street Fighter II Turbo published by Gametek.
Super Street Fighter II Turbo - Version 1.5 Patch
25 May 1995
This patch should be unzipped in the directory where Super Street Fighter II Turbo has been installed.
It is applied by typing PATCH at the command prompt.
The patch can only be applied to the original install of Super Street Fighter II Turbo. If you have already applied a patch, you will need to reinstall before using this patch.
When reinstalling, to retain your high scores, copy the file 'SF2HISCR.DAT' to a safe place before installing. After install is complete, copy it back to the Super Street Fighter II Turbo directory to restore your high scores.
Remember to read the 'README.NOW' file after installing the patch.
The patch fixes a number of gameplay problems that came to light after release. Also support for more sound cards and enhancements to the setup programs are provided. All changes are detailed below.
Listed below are the major changes that the patch will make to Super Street
Fighter II Turbo.
1. Added a joypad configuration system. Previously the Punch/Kick assignments for joypads were restricted to the defaults. The buttons are now configurable by changing the PAD.CFG file Edit this file in a text editor to reconfigure the buttons for your 4 or 6 button joypad. Full instructions can be found in the PAD.CFG file.
2. Added support for more sound cards. Super Street Fighter II Turbo now supports a wider range of sound cards.
3. Introduced a setup program to setup and test your sound card before starting the game.
4. Added Command line options to turn off Sound effects and Music.
NOSFX - Run Super Street Fighter II Turbo without Sound Effects
NOMUSIC - Run Super Street Fighter II Turbo without Music
NOSOUND - Run Super Street Fighter II Turbo without Sound Effects or Music
at the command prompt where option is one of the
5. CD Version Only:
Added option for MIDI music instead of CD Audio.
This is selected with the option MIDI at the command prompt.
ie SSF2T MIDI
Certain CD ROMs may experience slowdown when accessing the CD during
fights. To cure this try the following command line options
NOCDSTATUS - Turns off CD status checking
NOCDINST - Turns off the CD driver mixer control
Please note that NOCDINST may result in no music at all being heard, but
the CD still being accessed. In this case you must manually set the mixer
for your sound card before starting the game. This is done with one of the
utilities provided with your sound card. Alternatively, starting Windows
and then returning to DOS will set the usually mixer.
6. MT-32 MIDI is now supported by Super Street Fighter II Turbo.
Bug fixes and major changes
1. Blocking Bug - Players were unable to block a fireball when getting up after
a knock down, this has now also been fixed for the computer players.
2. Using the super (Super Street Fighter II not Super Street Fighter II Turbo)
version of FeiLong the Rising Dragon Kick was incorrect.
3. Using the super version of Vega, the Barcelona Attack did not complete
4. Using the super version of Zangief, the spinning pile driver was impossible
5. Feilong air catch caused the opponent to freeze.
6. Holding down a button when doing a hold move, i.e. Kens leg kick, or
Blanka's face bite, would speed up the move.
7. Lose screen speedup has been modified.
8. Computer players sit block has been fixed, this should prevent players from
repeatedly slicing the opponents legs, see also 1.
9. Chunlis's air throw was incorrect the opponent was thrown the wrong way,
this has been fixed.
10. Akumas hurrican kick/dragon punch have been changed.
11. Dizzy counter is now reset at start of round.
12. More of Akuma's sound effects have been added.
13. Combo Score's have been improved, 1 hit Super Combo Finish now scores 10000 points,
also combo finish scores are doubled.
14. Zangief spinning pile driver timeout was disabled, this has been fixed.
15. In Spain the fence only falls at the start of the first round.
16. Hitting a jumping opponent with a standing normal attack will cause the
jumping opponent to fall completely down, this has now been fixed the
opponent will now fall part of the way before recovering and landing on
17. Computer attacks do more damage than human players, the human players have
been changed so that they do more damage, the computer players will still do
more damage as the difficulty setting increases, and as the game progresses.
The lower difficulty settings will therefore be easier. The arcade machine
has 8 difficulty settings, the last eight difficulty settings in the PC
version should correspond to these difficulty settings.
18. Its possible for fireballs to go through sometimes, player 2's fireball
collision was being disabled by player1's fireball this has now been fixed.
19. After you knock down the computer, you can trip it forever until it dies.
There was a problem with the trip animation, which is also used by RYU's
juggling punch, this may also be tied in with 1 and 6.
20. Combo's trigged by the computer are not supposed to be announced, this has
now been fixed.
21. RYU did his super move at the start of the 2nd round, the computer players
were initiating the super move at the very end of the previous round, which
causes this bug to occur, this may now be fixed.
22. Two players picking same colour for Ryu will cause the game to crash, fixed.
23. AKUMA teleport was being activated incorrectly, this has been changed
Akuma's teleport move is now activated by pressing Fierce+Strong or
Hard Kick+Medium Kick.
24. Fixed DOS time speedup when the game is quit.
25. Fixed slowdown on Gravis Midi Music.
26. Fixed Chun Li sticking to characters in air catches.
27. Fixed missing moves in Super Zangief.
28. Fixed missing moves in Super T.Hawk.
29. Added missing level sound effects.
30. Fixed Super Blanka roll sound effect.
31. Fixed Super DeeJay leg throw.
32. Fixed Super Ken fireball sound effect.
33. Fixed DeeJay's hyperfists.
34. T Hawks blue shadow's during the super were turning off early
this has been fixed.
35. Super Ken roundhouse had an offset problem.
36. Dizzy's sometimes don't have the 3 stars or birds e.t.c. this
should now be fixed.
37. End sequences which involve other characters, i.e. Ken, Feilong
sometimes don't happen, this should now be fixed.
38. Characters rapidly switching between crouch,block frames this may
have been an effect of 1.
39. CPU characters sometimes get stuck in a move, i.e. Blanka does
his electricity until he is hit, the AI code has been re-checked
and this should not now happen.
40. There is a problem with the way the PC reads the keyboard, this
seems to vary a lot between PC/keyboards. Keyboards can't respond
to certain combinations of keys. For example on my keyboard if I
hold down (W),(A) and (S) the keyboard dosn't register any key
press on the same row as (W) and (A). All I can suggest is that
you try redefining the keys as best suits your PC.
41. Joysticks calibration is now saved in the configuration file, so that
it should only need to be done once. Note some joysticks have trim settings
which easily change and therefore you will need to re-calibrate the
42. Added support for MT-32 ( its a sound chip ! ).
43. The CD Music drivers have been modified which should fix a slow
down problem, with some makes of CD rom drive.
44. Fixed keyboard problems.
45. Fixed Sony CD ROM drive lock up. Use SSF2T NOCDSTATUS if you have this
46. Fixed GUS problems in the new setup program.