Soldier of Fortune Gold Patch
File Info: Soldier of Fortune Gold Patch
Description: Soldier of Fortune Gold PatchThis gold patch for Soldier of Fortune adds some great features with bug fixes, bots, and skins. Also 18 new maps and 2 new deathmatch modes for multiplay included. See more info for a full list of features.
Soldier of Fortune Gold Patch
Size of File (In Megabytes): 26.4
What does the upgrade do?
· Re-worked single player AI
· Two new Deathmatch Modes for multiplayer: Control and Conquer the Bunker
· 18 new multiplayer maps. 11 for Conquer and 7 for Control. Standard Deathmatch, Assassin, and Arsenal are also readily playable on all of the new maps
· A brand new multiplayer team consisting of six new player skins
· A computer controlled bot for Standard Deathmatch and Arsenal
· Pure Server support for multiplayer games
· Various bug fixes
BUG & FEATURE FIXES
· Added support for multi colored names in the Deathmatch scoreboard
· Added RED/BLUE team support in CTF
· Added RED/BLUE team support into CONQUER deathmatch
· Added downloads of menu .rmf files for deathmatch levels
· Added downloads of bot pathing files for deathmatch levels
· Added support for newer EAX map versions, so we are concurrent with EAX map output from the latest version of Eagle.
· Added a "-nostart" command line option, so that dedicated servers won't automatically start dedicated.cfg
· Added a check for invalided saved game files in the menu code
· Addressed an issue where people behind firewalls are connecting from the same IP
· Update to A3D's A3DAPI.dll to provide detection for Vortex 2 chipsets
· Update to the WON library that addresses some bugs
· Fixed crash in EAX sound code when playing old sounds
· Fixed crash in DM when getting killed by standing over a flaming body
· Fixed crash in DM for Arsenal caused by weapon switching / inventory bug
· Fixed problem where people had difficulty connecting to servers
· Fixed an issue with spectator mode
· Fixed an overflow issue with demo playback
· Fixed CTF issue with force join
· Fixed irqctf1 where players could get into bad spots
· Fixed scripting problem in KOS3 when killing the helicopter
· Fixed a bug in detection of remote IP address for systems with multiple IPs
· Changed the "Error during Initialization" dialog to report the specific error
· Circumvented W2K bug, which would basically not allow various GL implementations to initialize under W2K
· Re-organized CD copy protection
· Made it so that the winsock error WSAECONNRESET doesn't drop you to the console during DM server browsing
· Server Browser updates info when bringing up the status of a particular server
· Automatic account login for dedicated servers
· Clients connecting to dedicated servers no longer need a CD
Also included in this version is a DLL from Creative Labs. This emulates EAX2.0 on any card that supports EAX1.0. This would include SB PCI cards, Vortex2 cards, and older Sensura based cards. To install this feature, run the batch file in the SoF directory called "installeax.bat"
· Custom maps may not be compatible between patched and non-patched versions of Soldier of Fortune.
· Saved games will not be compatible between patched and non-patched versions of Soldier of Fortune.
· This upgrade will work for English, German, French, and Tactical CD-ROM versions of Soldier of Fortune. This patch upgrades your copy of Soldier of Fortune to version 1.06. After installing this upgrade, you will only be able to play multiplayer games with people who have also installed this same upgrade.
The patch requires you to have the Full version of the Soldier of Fortune version 1.03, 1.04, or 1.05 game installed on your computer. Custom maps and saved games from version 1.06 (patched version) may not be compatible with a NON-patched version. Also, custom maps and saved games from version 1.03 may not be compatible with a patched version.
How do I install the upgrade?
Once you have downloaded the SoF_Gold_patch.exe, double-click on the WinZip® self-extracting executable and select a location where you would like to have the patch file installed (it will extract to your desktop by default). If you have trouble extracting the patch, you can download a shareware version of WinZip from www.winzip.com.
1. Double-click on SoF_Gold_patch.exe and read the dialogue, the click “OK.”
2. Type in the hard drive destination in the "Extract To" field and then click on Extract.
3. Go to the folder that you extracted the files to and double-click on sof106patch.exe. Just wait a few seconds for the patch to locate your Soldier of Fortune directory and begin installation.
1. Download WinZip from www.winzip.com.
2. Right-click on SoF_Gold_patch.exe and select “Open with WinZip.”
3. Choose I Agree when WinZip starts.
4. Double-click sof106patch.exe and follow the on screen instructions to install.
NOTE: The patch requires a total 100 MB of uncompressed hard disk space to install (26.4MB for the file, 50MB for installation, and around 26 MB swap file space). Windows NT users who choose to unzip the patch in the default location (C:\Windows\desktop) will have to open their desktop folder to use the patch.
Depending on how busy our server and the Internet are at time of download, approximate transfer times are as follows:
· 324 minutes at 28.8
· 162 minutes at 56 K
· 81 minutes on ISDN
Note: To remove this upgrade, you will need to uninstall Soldier of Fortune from your machine, delete any remaining files from the SOF directory, and then reinstall the game.
Turn Dead Island into a true zombie apocalypse and prepare to face over 100x more zombies, including enough ammo you need to fight them off.
These beautiful wallpapers are more than scenic shots of Minecraft, but actual in-game creations from its fan-base.