Graphic design software with three-dimensional editing, rendering, motion tracking, and modeling capabilities for game creators and professional marketers
- Category Architectural Rendering Software
Blender is a free open source 3D platform that supports modeling, animation, rigging, motion tracking, game creation, video editing, simulation, and 3D pipeline.
If you are new to 3D UX, then Blender is the best platform to start out with because it is very user friendly. This fast 3D software is well optimized with numerous tools and highlights that will make your experience on the platform a smooth one.
Because of the flexibility, creativity, and user friendliness of blender, the 3D platform can be used in numerous industries including:
- Media production
- Legal services
- Consumer services
- Civil engineering
Blender has about 3 million users from different regions of the world including Asia, Middle East, United States, Africa, and Europe. On Twitter, blender has over 42,000 Twitter followers.
The 3D platform that blender provides allows you to design your art, brand or products using the following designing tools:
- Sculpting- it allows you to create objects and characters with realistic looking models
- Effects- add colors, lighting, and shading to 3D models to make them as creative as possible
- Drawing- this feature allows you to create line work with different drawing tools
- Brush variety- if you like painting, then you will be pleased with the variety of brushes that Blender has to offer
- Topology-the feature allows you to add minute details to the surface of various 3D models
As an open source 3D platform, Blender is suitable for the following categories of gaming, and video production:
- 3D printing
- Game engine
- 3D rendering
- Architectural rendering
- Video effects
- Video editing
- 3D modelling
The blender platform contains various move tools that will provide the 3D features or animations with motion. Some of the move tools that Blender provides include:
- Animate- it allows you to turn the 3D models into graphics with motion
- Render- allows you to insert your model in fully functional 3D environment
- Views- this feature makes it possible for you to view your object from any angle
Blender supports the following types of file formats:
- STL compatible- Blender supports the conversion and viewing of STL files
- OBJ compatible- the platform supports the conversion and viewing of OBJ files
- 3MF compatible- Blender supports the conversion and viewing of 3MF files
- Blender supports many powerful tools under one programming making it very effective and easy for modeling objects simulating fluids and doing animation.
- The 3D platform is absolutely free and open source making it easily accessible to anyone who wants to try out 3D programming.
- The blender platform is user friendly and very easy to navigate.
- The animation characters that are image based are difficult to perform for some users.
- Sometimes the Blender platform may crush if you perform heavy scenes on it.
- Aerial Rendering
- Exterior Rendering