You are suspended in mid air with beautiful blue lights...
- Category First Person
- Size 4.1 MB
- Program by Grayson Edge
You are suspended in mid air with beautiful blue lights swirling about your body while in the distance looms a vast alien landscape. It is an unusual and peaceful feeling much like the whimsical dreams of your childhood. But suddenly you realize that it is not a dream nor is it anything remotely beautiful...
Title : Hexephet
Version : 225
Release Date : 03-23-99
Filename(s) : Hexephet and The Fission Smelter. Unr - (Hexephet) (fissionsmelter)
Author(s) : Grayson Edge
Email Address : [email protected] (All Feedback Welcome)
Web Page : NA
You are suspended in mid air with beautiful blue lights swirling about your body while in the distance looms a vast alien landscape. It is an unusual and peaceful feeling much like the whimsical dreams of your childhood. But suddenly you realize that it is not a dream nor is it anything remotely beautiful. As you slowly come out of your daze, you remember that you were intercepted while trying to escape from Star bas 861. Theses graceful blue lights and melodic humming are none other than the product of a Skaarj death chamber warming up to a suitable cooking temperature. Yes… those vibrant colors and foreign sounds will most likely be the last things that you see and hear, the final moments in an seemingly endless day.
…..Better start thinking……
1. If you survive your death sentence, it would be advisable to reclaim your weapons which are more than likely inside the Skaarj attack craft.
2. There is an old Skaarj mining ship and the remnants of a Tarydium smelter not too far from the location where you were shot down. Your best bet in escaping from this mud covered Alien jungle is to gain access to the ship and see if you can find a teleporter powerful enough to get you home or at least to somewhere a bit more friendly. There is however one problem. You must find a way to deactivate the security gate separating you from the old mining ship.
3. Hexephet, named after it's founder and chief overseer, has a variety of installations which were built in the prosperous years. You will need to navigate most of these facilities in order to find an entrance to the main security tower as well as the supplies to survive.
OBJECTIVES-for: The Fission Smelter
1. Once inside the old Skaarj mining ship, you will have to fight like hell to make your way to the crews quarters and teleportation stations which are located somewhere on the upper decks of the vessel. Don't expect to take too many of the ships workers by surprise; most of them have been informed of your presence and will actively be seeking you out.
2. As is typical of older Skaarj engineering, a good deal of the Tarydium fission smelter has been adjoined to several of the appropriate departments on the mining ship. Keeping this in mind, you should try to find any weaknesses which this presents in the ships security. For example-AUTOMATED SECURITY SYSTEMS.
3. You will discover that the real task at hand is dealing with the overseers of the Hexephet compound and mining operation. Two Lords, Hexephet and Jhize, must be found and eliminated in order to activate the crews emergency evacuation teleporter. Each Lord resides in some distant part of the galaxy. The first can most likely be found basking leisurely under an alien sun while the other seems to prefer the icy and barren caverns of a long forgotten and deserted moon.
TIPS and TRICKS-
Watch out for Lava-this is the really hot kind. In other words, if you fall into it- you will die instantly!
From time to time-If you find the performance on your computer is slowing down a bit as you play through these maps, try typing in the command "flush" at the ~ I think it helps to remove stored textures from the memory thus giving you a little boost in performance.
Where to get this map : Unreal Action
Other levels by author : Star861
Additional Credits to : Erik Hicks, Nocture9 , Matthew Bradley, Matt Parra ( who is working on a game called Down Time-check it out!) Julie Debon, and to the many others who have given me all kinds of feedback and ideas.
--- Play Information ---
Game : Unreal
Level Name : Hexephet
Single Player : Yes
Cooperative : no
Deathmatch : no
Dark Match : no
Difficulty Settings : Yes
New Sounds : no
New Graphics : no
NewUnrealScript : no
External DLLs : no
Known bugs : none
--- Construction ---
Editor(s) used : UnrealEd
Base : none
Construction Time : 1 month 23 days
copy (Hexephet) and (fissionsmelter) into your maps directory.
Copyright / Permissions
This level is copyrighted by Grayson Edge-1999.
Authors may NOT use this level as a base to build additional levels.
You are NOT allowed to commercially exploit any part or parts of this level, i.e. put it
on a CD or any other electronic medium that is sold for money without my explicit
You MAY distribute this level through any electronic network (Internet,
FIDO, local BBS etc.), provided you include this file and leave the archive
UNREAL (c)1998 Epic Megagames, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Distributed by
GT Interactive Software, Inc. under license. UNREAL and the UNREAL logo are
registered trademarks of Epic Megagames, Inc. All other trademarks and trade
names are properties of their respective owners.