America's Army: Operations 1.10 - 1.21 CGW Patch
This will patch the America's Army game offered on the...
- Category First Person
- Size 51.2 MB
- Program by U.S. Army
America's Army: Operations 1.10 - 1.21 CGW Patch
This will patch the America's Army game offered on the Computer Gaming World Magazine CD from version 1.1.0 to version 1.2.1.
America's Army: Operations CGW magazine update
NOTE: This patch will only update the version of ArmyOps from the October 2002 CD of Computer Gaming World magazine. It will be brought up to the latest version as of 8.26.02.
1.2.1 Patch updates:
1. More team structure fixes.
2. Map fixes.
1. Players sometimes have an out of body experience.
1.2.0 Patch updates:
1. Added Airborne School/Tour (adds parachuting)
2. Added Ranger School/Tour (must complete Airborne to play Ranger)
3. Added "Log In" button on Soldier Login page which lets you download your player jacket from the internet.
4. New commo voices and radio commands, shouts and whispers.
5. New variation on M4 (full auto with scope attachment).
6. New Opfor Sniper Rifle (Mosin-nagant).
7. Added separate sprint key (double-tap of forward key may still be used). Player must hold the ALT key while moving forward (note, this is not yet added to the menu system).
1. Rolling is no longer done by double tapping strafe buttons. Use the lean buttons to roll while prone.
2. Class selection screen changed. You can now select Squad or Fireteam Leader.
3. Adjusted team-balance system.
4. Adjusted vote-kick system.
5. Adjusted weapon distribution.
6. New "bind" command replaces "set input". Usage: bing key command. Example: bind w moveforward.
1. Team structure/promotion fixed.
2. Adjusted grenade damage for proper falloff of fragments.
3. In-game messages (added color, fixed word-wrap).
4. Ability to go over wall in Pipeline.
5. Objective issues in several maps.
6. Several instances of D3D crashes.
7. Server optimizations.
8. Gamecode optimizations.
9. Bugs with the M24 Sniper Rifle.
1.1.1 Patch updates:
1. Added Sniper School.
(All players will need to REQUALIFY as Expert to become eligible regardless of previous qualification)
2. Added Sniper Rifles to missions.
(Will need to be Sniper qualified - see Sniper School)
1. Fixed problem that left ghost-players in servers.
(Fix involved ignoring MaxTeamSize for Spectator team)
2. Fixed floating attachments bug.
(Made most attachments spawn client-side only. Weapon attachments
are still client/server, and so theoretically may still float
occasionally. Should be very rare if ever though)
3. Fixed small Rifle Range bugs.
a. (If a target appeared twice in a row, and you didn't fire at it,
it would seem like the target just stayed up for twice as long.
In the new version, in this case, the target will go down and come
back up right away, instead of just staying up longer)
b. Fixed last shot not being counted.
c. Fixed results not being uploaded if mission has been completed previously.
4. Fixed crash in HQ_Raid when the prisoner was shot.
5. Fixed commo to use only message or team message when no match in progress.
6. Fixed small bugs in MOUT_McKenna, Bridge, Pipeline, and HQ_Raid.
1. Added server options to kick Idle players by time or by number of rounds.
(Already added the documentation to the FAQ
2. Added initial In-game server browser. Additional functionality/features to come.
3. Added MILES grenades to MILES missions.
4. Added green-tinted tracers to RPK (Opfor version of M249).
5. Added TeamTalk option.
(added TeamSay, bind a key to TeamTalk to use.
TeamSay sends a message to all dead players on your team when you
are dead. When you are alive it does a Radio message to all live
players on your team)
1. Removed MOUT_McKenna training requirement.
(You will now only need to qualify in single player training
missions to qualify for online training missions.)
2. Changed M4A1 to be fully-automatic instead of burst-fire.
3. Adjusted ROE rules.
(You will now be kicked immediately for ROE violations
in the first 20 seconds. ROE violations in the first 45
seconds will double the penalty. ROE violations
when your crosshair is green (indicating a friendly) will
double the penalty.
4. Adjusted ROE score penalties.
(You will now lose at least 1 point from your personal score for every ROE penalty.
You will lose an additional point for every multiple of 45.
(i.e., an ROE penalty of 91-135 will cause you to lose 3 points)
1. After multiple failures, targets will stop coming up in RifleRange.
2. Client will sometimes crash when the player is kicked.
3. Game will sometimes crash when switching window modes.
4. Server will sometimes open up a new window, which consumes resources.
5. There may be instances where some player records on the database get invalid data.
If you are experiencing strange behavior with unlocking tours/missions please
contact the live technical support from the links on http://www.americasarmy.com.
1.0.1 Patch updates:
* The aao_patch_100to101b.exe fixes the problem some people had when trying to patch their 1.0 game and got errors of registry keys not found.
If you had that problem please install this patch. This patch also replaces the original aao_patch_100to101.exe patch.
* Corrects client and server-side flooding issues.
-Auth server issues are resolved now that the server isn't being flooded by users trying to connect
* Removes Sniper Rifle bug from random weapon selection (you need to qualify at Sniper School to use these weapons - Sniper School will be available in the
* Removes Rifle Range exploit of multiple rifles. (Players will have to requalify on the Range when the Sniper Pack is released.)
* Obstacle course bug fixed
* Admin Spectator Mode added: Allows admin to spectate anyone in the server
* Community Game Server Support added, allowing authentication of registered public servers. All servers will need to pass authentication before players can
* Dedicated Server executable added
Added Official Server Classification:
- HomeLAN/Army servers will display "(Official Server) 1.2.0" in the top corner
- Non-HomeLAN/Army servers that have authenticated will display "(Unofficial Server) 1.2.0"
- Servers without authentication will not allow players to join.
- Any public server with the cheats enabled will display "(Cheats)" in the top right corner. Ex: "(Cheats) (Unofficial Server) 1.2.0" ("Cheats" allow users to
select any weapon they'd like, nothing more.)
Setting up your own dedicated America's Army server:
Before you can submit a server, you must have a valid SERVER account. Your SERVER account will be different than your user account. Please keep track of both logins and passwords.
(NOTE: You CAN use the same username/password and email address, but you will need to reinput that info into the server signup page and have it verified before you can add/edit your servers)
To create a server account - Signup with a existing or new username, password, and valid email at: http://www.americasarmy.com/ops/serverlist/signup.php
After you activate your account, login with your specified username and password. You may then add servers, or edit/delete existing servers.
Servers will be placed in your listing, but will be inactive until approved. All servers must be manually authenticated by a HomeLAN/Army representative before they are accessible by players or available in the public listing. The complete Authorized server list can be found here: http://www.americasarmy.com/ops/serverlist/list.php
If a user changes their listed IP, they will need to wait for reauthorization before the server becomes public.
Servers must be ping capable in order for them to be authorized. Servers cannot use a DNS name they must be identified by an IP#. Server names cannot contain profanity, vulgarity or anything derogatory towards the Army or other US entity.
Servers will require a broadband connection at the minimum, a T1 or greater is recommended for 16 players or more.
Those players involved in LAN play should note that statistics and promotions do not transfer to their official jacket and are not permanent.
Other topics are covered in the FAQ. http://www.americasarmy.com/ops/news/faqtext.php