The Sims 2 Patch [CD ROM]
This is the first patch for The Sims 2 from EA Games....
- Category Empire Building
- Size 14.6 MB
- Program by EA Games
The Sims 2 Patch [CD ROM]
This is the first patch for The Sims 2 from EA Games. This patch addresses many different gameplay issues and many other things, read below for more information!
Need the DVD version of the Patch?
You can find that right here!
Instructions: Save the file to disk and then run it to install the patch.
Please make sure you have your copy of The Sims 2 available during patch installation.
Complete list of changes:
- Fixes "the jump bug" causing Sims with a large number of memories to reset, or "jump," when performing interactions.
- Visitors will no longer kidnap a baby or toddler by leaving the lot while carrying them.
- Sims can now plan outfits for toddlers by using the changing table.
- Fixes a crash that would occur when viewing snapshots while simultaneously deleting pictures.
- Prevents pixelization from showing through walls when the Sim is behind the wall.
- A Sim whose fiancé dies can now become engaged again.
- Maids can now clean up pizza boxes and baby bottles.
- Fixes problems with the grim reaper and social worker that would disable save UI.
- The plumbbob will no longer appear in an NPCs chest when they marry into a Sim's family.
- Sims no longer get stuck on community lots when a Sim autonomously chooses to leave in the same car that they arrived in.
- Stargazing on the ground no longer satisfies the "Stargaze with Telescope" want.
- Fixes a problem with Sims' jobs not functioning properly when 3 or more Sims go to work in a helicopter.
- Babies now age transition properly when the Help With Birthday interaction is cancelled.
- Fixes the extremely rare problem where the UI would become disabled when an elder dies of old age.
- Fixes a problem where small objects (mostly toys) could be deleted when a Sim interacts with other nearby objects.
- The custom content browser no longer closes when an active link is double-clicked.
- Fixes the problem where coffee cups would occasionally be deleted when an interaction is cancelled.
- An adopted baby no longer snaps to the ground when the social worker that delivers it puts it in a crib.
- Sims now take a copy of all clothing in the family's inventory when they move out.
- Fixes a couple of cases of buy/build mode becoming disabled when the social worker arrives on the lot.
- Fixes the problem where the teddy bear would occasionally float after being put down.
- Teens no longer get the unsatisfiable "Write a Novel" want.
- Fixes a problem with the newspaper delivery person getting stuck on lots containing a high number of objects.
- Users with limited user accounts can now run the game.
- Improved performance with Radeon X800 cards. Users continuing to experiencing problems should update to the 4.10 driver.
- The game no longer affects a user's modem settings when connecting to the internet via the modem.
- Fixes a problem with default collections not being available when user data is regenerated.