Sidrial Total Conversion v1.1
This total conversion for Quake III: Arena is based on the...
- Category First Person
- Size 128.5 MB
Sidrial Total Conversion v1.1
This total conversion for Quake III: Arena is based on the characters and world of
, an original animated feature by
MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
* A working version of Quake III Arena with version 1.30 patch (or higher).
* 3-D Hardware accelerator with full OpenGL support
* Pentium II 500 MHz processor (or equivalent) with 32 MB Video Card.
* 100% Windows 95/98/2000/ME/NT 4.0/XP compatible computer system (including compatible 32-bit drivers for CD-ROM drive, video card, sound card and input devices)
* Windows 95/98/2000/ME/XP/NT 4.0 (with Service Pack 3) operating system
* 125 MB of free hard drive space for the Windows swap file (in addition to install space)
* 100% DirectX 3.0 or higher compatible sound card
* 100% Microsoft-compatible mouse and driver
* 100% Windows 95/98/2000/ME/NT 4.0/XP compatible joystick (optional)
* 128 MB RAM
* 150 MB of uncompressed hard disk space for game files
* Internet play requires a 100% Windows 95/98/NT 4.0/XP compatible 56 Kbps (or faster) modem, or another form of Internet connection.
RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
*PIII 600 MHz, equivalent, or better
*Geforce2, equivalent, or better
*256mb of ram or better
Download the compressed installation program. Extract the contents of the .ZIP file. Locate and run Setup.exe. During the process of the installation you will be asked to locate your Quake III Arena directory. Sidrial will not install properly if you specify an incorrect Quake III Arena directory, and Sidrial will not work if you do not have Quake III Arena installed (version 1.30 or higher).
During the mid 90’s a group of game and film enthusiasts turned the original Quake game into a set, filled it with their personalities and characters, and told us stories that made us laugh, cry, and sometimes cringe. As game engines evolved, so did this form of animated film making that became known as Machinima. Machinima is a revolutionary new medium for computer animation that has been widely embraced by the gaming community. Once used primarily for the creation of small sketches to be viewed by specific game communities, it has become a viable option as an alternative form of animation. Where once games were created and Machinima followed, with Sidrial, Machinima led the way to a game.
In a star system far from Earth, there is intelligent life. Driven by conquest, a race more advanced than Humans - and far more brutal - has waged a war against all sentient beings. They will destroy anything in their path, as they have done for thousands of years. The OVERLORDS, a bloodthirsty race bent on power and destruction, have annihilated every inhabited planet in their wake. Sidrial, one of the last planets standing, is the last outpost between Earth and the Overlords. With most of Sidrial destroyed, a new breed has risen to fight back against the tyrants. As the Sidrilian Rebel Forces fight back and struggle to join with others against the OVERLORDS, new alliances will be forged and the future of entire galaxies will depend on their success.
ABOUT THE TOTAL CONVERSION:
The opening sequence, created entirely in Machinima, will give you a brief look into the world you inhabit – Sidrial. Included are two levels, one single player and one multiplayer.
Your objective, in the single player level, is to safely bring back important blueprints from the enemy base to Sidrilian headquarters. Your mission is to locate the hidden blueprints in a prison cell in Adisis Factory - use it to help navigate yourself out of enemy territory, and return to base.
Your objective, in the multiplayer level, is to take command of an abandoned Sidrilian city. Though demolished, beaten and left for dead by the Overlord invading force, it is one of the few outposts that still contain green growth for food and scattered weaponry for defense. Vigilantes are in constant battle for supremacy in this outpost because they know it is important to each of their survival. Your mission is simple, kill or be killed, be victorious or be vanquished.
Sidrial includes one player model with four different skins – Demon, Blue, Assassin & the default Sidrilian male.
Special actions that can be performed:
* If you obtain the Invader Blaster and a Blaster ModChip use the Alt-Fire button to transform the Blaster into a modified Jetpack. The Jetpack will allow you to fly around and get to locations you would otherwise be unable to reach. The Jetpack uses the same ammo as the Invader Blaster and the Gat so make sure to be aware of the amount of ammo available. Loss of energy during flight could mean a very hard, painful, and possibly deadly landing.
* There are some items that will highlight upon approach. You should be able to utilize the "Use" button to activate the item. This is how you can use the elevator on the multiplayer level.
If you experience any problems with Sidrial’s TOTAL CONVERSION game for Quake III Arena, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.