Unreal Tournament Demo v348 Full (Windows)
The full installation of the Unreal Tournament version 348...
- Category First Person
- Size 53.1 MB
- Program by Epic Games
Unreal Tournament Demo v348 Full (Windows)
The full installation of the Unreal Tournament version 348 demo. Note that a small upgrade is available for those of you who already have version 338.
Version 348: Changes since version 338
- Networking bandwidth and server CPU use improved
- A.I. performance improvements and tweaks
- Replicate all player skins in use to clients when joining to avoid hitch when first see new player
- Performance improvements and cleanup of HUD, messaging, and console
- Precache left hand weapon meshes if using left hand.
- Improved dynamic detail dropping to maintain minframerate
- store list BSP nodes for decals to greatly improve decal clipping speed
- sort decals by texture to improve performance
- increased characters per font page for default font to increase performance
- Increased performance by use of vertex buffers
- Optimized for low memory computers
- Improved bot AI for impact hammer
- Added variety of playing styles to default practice bots
- Improved auto adjust bot skills, and skills now remembered from level to level
- Bots use rocketlauncher locking on more
- Bots have adjustable strafing ability
- Game time now unaffected by timedilation
- Kill tossed weapons faster
- Improved/louder gib sounds
- Fixed switch to best weapon twice and then its always pending bug
- Improved reduced HUD (with just frags, ammo, health, and armor) - shows name of weapon switched to if weapon is hidden
- Fixed player shadows not being deleted on the client
- Fixed green domination control point color
- Improved control over what voice messages are played on a client
- Fixed flashing screenshot in UBrowser during reping
- Removed "Advanced Options" and integrated into GUI. Still accessible with console command
- Added Up/Down history to console and IRC chat window
- Fixed crash in Options | Preferences when a very long key binding was defined
- If random order is checked, all bot configurations are now shown
- Fixed friendly fire/force team balance overlap in Assault menu
- Scrollytext in morpheus no longer shows spectators
- HUD color preview box area
- UBrowser right click to copy current server address
- Added proxy server support for in-browser news, made use HTTPClient use HTTP/1.1
- MenuCmd console command
- Demo version not longer goes straight to the menus when started with a URL (eg GameSpy)
- Force Respawn option
- Added kickban administrator console command
- Server passwords now work
- Added webserver settings to Start Multiplayer Game
- Listen servers are back in the server list, but show that they are a listen server in Rules
- WWW remote server admin: friendly fire works correctly
Changes for Mod Makers
- Exposed FastTrace() to UnrealScript
- Added color operations to UnrealScript
- Fixed occasional problem with view bob going crazy at extremely low frame rates
- Added DamageMutator attribute to GameInfo class. Points to a linked list of mutators that affect damage taken by pawns.
- Client-side (simulated) mutators can attach themselves to HUDs and get called in PostRender()
- Modmaker menu calls Setup()
- timedemo: no longer counts precaching time
- ?noframecap is the default if "timedemo 1" is set
Unreal Tournament Demo Changes in Version 338 since 3dfx demo
- fixed inventory popping on network clients
- fixed replication of owners of unseen weapons making ambient firing sound
- fixed plasma bolt occasionally sticking around on client after you die
- improved client-side movement prediction near other players
- improved client side weapon animation (RL and shockrifle)
- added packet loss readout to the scoreboard.
- display network disconnection icon when server doesn't send updates frequently enough
- player no longer hear own footsteps walking
- reduce falling damage w/ jumpboots
- fixed problem with instant hit weapons at point blank range
- louder pain sounds
- startup message fades faster
- fixed difficulty level displayed on scoreboard
- translocator target no longer bounces off triggers and control points
- players drop flag if feign death
- Fixed some sudden death overtime problems (fraglimit + timelimit, tied player suicides, etc.)
- included nopowerups mutator in botpack.int
- Added frags per hour readout to the scoreboard.
- Added various stats features to the game. Game now tracks "Frags per Hour" and the top 3 deathmatchers on a server.
- improved minigun impact effect in software
- better blood hit effect for bullet hits in software
- bodies gib if they land on a player's head
- improved blood splat positioning on walls
- added grenade and shockrifle combo move decal effects
- adjusted first person weapon position at high FOV
- updated disconnect symbol
- support > 16 players on team scoreboards
- fixed "live feed from" font size changes
- Bigger/brighter disruption effect for translocator target
- removed girly death scream
- improved bloodsplats trying to avoid popping out while player is looking at them
- fixed some items playing wrong pickup message (e.g. clips claiming to have 50 bullets)
- made crosshair green by default
- Added a "ServerInfo" screen that can be accessed by hitting F2. Has various info about the server including contact info and the message of the day.
- Made it easier to get out of courtyard and up to higher levels by punching hole/corridor through the wall where the thighpads were.
- Made it easier to get RL in courtyard. Being at the lowest level in that open space is risk incentive enough.
- Added more playerstarts
- Fixed that god damned hole.
- Added light near button up top near Damage Amp so people know how to get down from the tower.
- Added extra minigun on exterior to encourage more combat up top.
- Moved chest armor to new camping spot near top of courtyard. Put thighpads out near jumpboots/minigun/keg o health. (getting the chest armour AND Keg was far too much defensively.)
- Improved bot AI- better translocator use through windows above Ankh control points.
- Improved bot support- more translocator use.
- Made RL symmetrical.
- Put it in the demo. :)
- added server option to force players to balance teams
- Listen (non-dedicated) servers are no longer allowed to advertise to the master server
- Fixed server crash "Removed != 0"
- Made some packages such as the GUI and webserver server side only (for mods).
- Fixed remote web admin failing to bind port 80 after a level change
- Fixed remote web admin returning truncated player list (and other) HTML pages to relatively slow clients.
- improved domination 1 on 1 AI
- fixed retreating AI bug
- fixed bots not playing rapid fire animation
- Implemented 32-bit color texture support in Direct3D
- Optimized Direct3D code for DirectX7 vertex buffers
- Fixed Direct3D z buffer selection
- Optimized D3D texture uploading a bit
- Matched D3D brightness to Glide brightness
- Fixed keys getting stuck down forever after entering the menus with the key held down
- The console and quick-console (Tab) keys can now be remapped (mainly for non-US keyboards)
- Fixed problems when binding keys to the current voice menu key (v)
- Fixed binding of joystick buttons. When the joystick was enabled, no key bindings worked.
- Made mouse sensitivity take a floating-point number
- Fixed a problem where the mouse would no longer work in the GUI if you bound the voice menu to left-mouse
- Fixed drop down box hanging around
- Added cut/paste for all edit boxes
- Added ability to copy server URL
- Added option to disable mature taunts
- UBrowser rules now show tournament mode, turbo/hardcore/classic, max players
- Fixed IRC client crash when you type "/" and press enter
- Got A3D and EAX support back in (thanks Carlo and Aureal).
- You can now turn down/off the announcer sound volume.
- Added first person demo recording/playback in botmatches
- Fixed demo recording crash in botmatches in Phobos
- Fixed problems with ngWorldStats.
- Installed a new version of ngStats.
- Updated code to latest codebase