F.E.A.R. - COOP V.02 Beta
This is a modification for the game F.E.A.R....
- Category First Person
- Size 7 MB
- Program by FEAR-COOP Development Team
F.E.A.R. - COOP V.02 Beta
This is a modification for the game F.E.A.R. which allows for cooperative play in a LAN or online. Does not currently support Stand Alone Servers.
FEAR-COOP v.02 README
BY FEAR-COOP DEVELOPMENT TEAM
Build: Beta V.02
!!PLEASE UNINSTALL ALL PREVIOUS VERSIONS BEFORE INSTALLING V.02!!
Build Beta V.02 (10 May, 2006)
Added Team Selection. This allows server hosts to turn off Team Killing and for variation of COOP game types with the possibility of Dual TDM/COOP (battle AI and opposing team).
Added Team Radio Commands
Added SlowMo Support for maps with SlowMo enabled
FEAR-COOP is a multiplayer cooperative gaming mode mod for F.E.A.R. that is designed to be played with custom made maps containing AI or single player mission maps.
The mod files are contained within an extractable FEAR-COOP.exe file. Simply double click on the file and follow the installation instructions to install.
FEAR-COOP installs the mod files in this location C:\Program Files\Sierra\FEAR
The files contained within this executable are:
>> The following are to go in your AdditionalContent folder in the All Users Shared Documents!
Four shortcuts will be placed on your desktop that enable F.E.A.R. to start in cooperative mode or cooperative dedicated server mode with and without Selectable SuperGuns.
Click on the FEAR-COOP shortcut to start F.E.A.R. in cooperative gaming mode. In the multiplayer server list you will be able to join servers that appear with white text. Servers you can't join will appear as opaque in the list. The FEAR-COOP mod is flexible in that it allows server hosts to use the FEAR-COOP mod in different game modes although it's primarily designed for cooperative mode.
PLEASE NOTE THAT STAND ALONE SERVERS DO NOT SUPPORT AI!!!
If it's your first time to run a server in cooperative mode it may be easier to set up your server configuration file using the in game hosting area. Here you can select maps that support the COOP game mode.
Here's is a break down on setting up custom made maps in COOP game mode. Full details on setting up a configuration file can be found in the retail version serverreadme.txt.
Setting up a FEAR-COOP server using in-game host
To set up a FEAR-COOP server, just follow these steps:
1. Launch the FEAR-COOP game application (FEAR-COOP.exe via desktop shortcut or FEAR-COOP.bat in the main FEAR directory)
2. Select "Multiplayer" from the main game menu.
3. Select "Host" from the multiplayer menu.
4. Set up the game type (Cooperative or other prefered mode), server name, options, and map rotation.
5. Set your network port, or use the default port of 27888.
6. For the Dedicated Server option, select Yes.
7. Click Launch.
The game application will now close, and the standalone server application will start. Once your server is running, clients launching in FEAR-COOP Mode can search for and join it in the same way they would a normal host.
Once your server has been configured and launched through the game interface for the first time, you can run your server again at any time by double-clicking the "FEAR-COOP Dedicated Server.exe" shortcut file on your desktop or the FEAR-COOP-Server.bat in your F.E.A.R. main directory.
If you wish to make any changes to the server setup, you'll need to launch the game application again and change your settings through the host game interface or by manually editing the configuration file.
Single player mission maps will also appear in your map list although you can add them or any other custom maps manually.
Single player maps are listed as Mission0=Worlds\Release\Mapname (Notice that regular maps use ReleaseMultiplayer)
The SP maps will appear in the map list for every game mode as follows:
Tweak and configure your server as suits you best.
Wes has made an SP COOP guide for server hosts.
I'm going to start documenting which SP map is not good for online play. I rate them IN, MAYBE IN, MAYBE OUT, and OUT!
"IN" maps work perfectly.
MAYBE IN, MAYBE OUT, and OUT maps cannot be finished normally. You have to use the vote function to switch to next map. Read the comments and decide for yourself if you want those in your own server rotation.
1. Intro - OUT! It works, but too easy with only a couple of enemy. Cinematic is too long for what it's worth.
2. Docks - OUT! it does NOT work. Near the end, you need to walk across a hanging Cargo, but the people fall right through the cargo. Im-pass-able. The beginning levels are easy. So I decided to leave it out.
3. W T F _Entry - MAYBE OUT. Simple level and it does NOT work at the end. The exit gate lock can't be broken. Can't exit.
4. W T F_Ambush - IN. Everything works just fine.
5. Moody - IN. Works fine all the way. There may be a door only open once, so don't die.
6. W T F_Exfil - IN. Everything works fine.
7. ATC_Roof - OUT! Suppose to start the map in an helicopter, but it doesn't work in MP. You are just locked in mid air and can't go any where.
8. Admin - IN. Just don't die. A door will only open once.
9. Bishop_Rescure - Maybe IN. It's fun level, but it won't end. The demoistion expert won't follow you to release the guy with the bomb.
10. Bishop_Evac - MAYBE IN. Locked gate at the end, but level is ok.
11. Mapes_Elevator - MAYBE IN. Elevator exit. People fall right through. Can't end the level but long and fun to play.
12. Badge - IN! There are two elevator platforms. If you ride it yourself, you'll fall right through, but you can stand on the switch or keep jumping in order to ride up. If there are many of you playing, make sure you send the elevator back down so that other people can come up later. Better yet, send it down anyway. If you die, you still have to come up again anyway.
13. Hives - IN BUT make sure you engage the big bot near the end close range. Otherwise, an invisible wall will block everyone from passing that area and you won't be able to end the map.
14. Alice - MAYBE... Elevator again. Need to vote to change level again.
15. Getting_Out - IN. Everything works just fine.
16. Wades - IN. Everything works just fine.
17. Factory - MAYBE IN (or IN but don't die). Fun level but make sure EVERYONE jump into the alley and make into the building before the truck try to run you down. Once the truck is out, it blocks the entrance and you can't continue. Once you die, you can't get pass that stucking truck neither.
18. Factory_Upper - OUT! It does NOT work at all. It starts up in a moving elevator. Because of the MP sync issue, you ended up spawning on top of the elevator and can't get out.
19. Facility_Bypass - OUT! very boring level. Keep walking around to unlock the 3 switches. No bots to kill for the first 30 minutes just walking around.
20. Vault - MAYBE... There are 2 elevator that falls through. Quite a few one time door deal. Once you pass certain place and die, you can't continue.
21. Alma - MAYBE IN. The exit is an elevator. You can't exit. You can't see the final nuke. Fun level though.
22. Aftermath - OUT! just the ending credit. Nothing to play.
Have fun with it all.
In your .ini please add COOP to the RequiredFeatures= or SupportedFeatures= area. The SupportedFeatures is best as it will still leave your map open in the map list for other modes.
Perfect_Form [Zombie Squad]
Arramus [Zombie Squad] (http://www.zombie-squad.org)
Death Dream (http://ddream.hostingposts.com/)
Wes (MyUnreal.com TDM)
Vault Keeper2005 (http://www.geocities.jp/vault_keeper2005/index.html)
More to come soon!
I do not take responsibility for any problems that may occur, use at your own risk.
Build Beta V.03
Added Selectable "Super Guns" mod. (Run "FEAR-COOP_Super_Guns.bat" or "FEAR-COOP_Super_Guns_Server.bat" or respective Shortcut)
Added Wes's SP COOP guide to Readme file.