Half-Life - Public-Enemy Beta v1.4
This is the beta 1.4 client files for Public-Enemy - The...
- Category First Person
- Size 87.6 MB
- Program by public-enemy.org
Half-Life - Public-Enemy Beta v1.4
This is the beta 1.4 client files for Public-Enemy - The Dark Future is here. PE takes place in a dark, neorealist world similar to BladeRunner or Cyberpunk.
- MP5 SD Zoom should work properly
- The "setsec" and "setsyn" commands should work now, see the manual for more Information
- When using Metamod the MP5 should no longer be unavailable
- Akimbo weapons will not reload until both weapons are empty
- Dead players can no longer talk to the living ones
- If a Player uses the orbital device all the others now see a text warning message
- The red screen when taking damage is less disturbing
- On a players death the points are no longer reset to 30. See the manual for more Information
- There is now a team bonus for each player of the winning team even if the player dies
- The terminals now have names
- Added a counter to display the time remaining until a terminal is irreverably hacked
- The music volume is now turned down if a player uses the HL internal voice communication,
use the "cl_talkmusicvolume" variable to set the reduced volume value.
- Changed the aiming so that on the first few shots the weapons are a bit more precise and the screen
shakes less. (The recoil is applied on the view model rather than on the players view.)
- Changed the grenade damage: Impact mode does less, Delayed mode does slightly more and
Sticky mode does significantly more damage.
- Heavily increased the CyberBomb damage
- Glock 18 is now named correctly in the console
- Adjusted the radius damage function. The appropriate damage should now be done correctly.
- Dead players should no longer be healed by the CyberHeart
- Slightly decreased Seburo CX damage
- Increased Stoner damage
- Slowed down the movement speed in general (the bonus points will compensate that, speed bonus
due to points caps at +40%)
- Fixed the autoteam function
- Removed friendlyfire completely
- Added team spectator mode for leagues, use the "sv_teamspectator" cvar to de-/activate it
- The radar shows who is using a radio command
- If a player has too few points for all the items he selected they are now removed in the
following order: Cyber addons, Cyber parts, items, heavy weapons, pistols
- Added duck-toggle and walk-toggle
- The "model" command can no longer be used to change the players model
- Fixed some WinXP crash issues (hopefully all of them)
- Added pe_arena, use "votemap pe_arena" if you are few players in a large map
- Replaced the elevators in db_terrorbird with teleporters
- Changes on all 6 existing maps
Featurelist for Public Enemy:
- Dark, neorealistic Scenario with a voluminous background story
- Fast and actionfull but also very tactical gameplay, whereby the teamplay stands in the foreground
- 2 interesting and new playmodes
- 6 impressing and completely different Maps with weather effects like fog, rain and snow
- Approximately 30 weapons - From the AK-47 over the Seburo CX up to the multifunctional grenade
- Huge miscellaneous equipment - helmet, extremity protection, stimpack etc.
- Extremely good weapon and player models
- Suitable Soundtrack which plays in the background on every Map
- Meaningful purchase and point system
- Interesting character development, which allows to reach his target for example as hacker, tactician or by raw force
- exclusive support of the best anticheatsoftware Cheating death
- HLTV Support
THE SYNDICATE: The first fraction is the Syndicate, which is controlled by several Asian companies. The Syndicate consists of Soldiers of Fortune, Assassins, Yakuza members and other very dangerous criminals. With this "Army", the Syndicate fights against the European and US companies.
The SECURITY CORPS: On the other side we have military organized and
private Security Corps. They are commanded and paid by the several European and US companies. The police troops are also taking care about law and order on these continents. But they don't represent moral intensions. After all they control the European and US continent with a iron and unscrupulous hand, they are idealizing the interests of an totalitarian police state. Unofficial they are the death squadron of the western industrial companies. With this army they want to wipe out their opponent - the Syndicate.
2040, it is a world that is controlled by greed, corrupt and powerful firms. The government has no control anymore over that what the firms do. This powerful firms have already their fingers in the politics of country, that they can establish their own security troops and laws which they can defend like they want.
A lot of civil wars have done their part to destroy the world more and more and from that there is a new society. In the big urban cities lives the social scum of the earth.
Private security corps control the streets and judge over the normal citizens like they want. The security corps are under control of the big and powerful firms. They deal with the problems that their employees have.