Icewind Dale: Heart of Winter Patch (Italian)
This patch updates the Italian Icewind Dale: Heart of Winter...
- Category Traditional
- Size 5.9 MB
- Program by Interplay
Icewind Dale: Heart of Winter Patch (Italian)
This patch updates the Italian Icewind Dale: Heart of Winter to version 1.41.
ICEWIND DALE: HEART OF WINTER
Version 1.41 - April 6, 2001
The following details the list of fixes made and included in this version
as well as any previous versions.
HEART OF WINTER
VERSION 1.41 - HEART OF WINTER Patch
- Fixed a problem with invisible stalkers attacking the party if the
difficulty is set to Insane in Lower Dorn's Deep.
- Made some minor adjustments to the fight with Malavon in Lower Dorn's Deep.
- Already-fatigued druids that hit 15th level and acquire "Timeless Body"
should now correctly be rid of their fatigue.
- Fixed a problem where monsters that were damaged by a thief's sneak attack
could gain a +20 damage adjustment.
- Characters now receive the new class changes added in Heart of Winter when
the game is loaded so it is not necessary to level up first in order to get
- Fixed a graphic bug with the final Heart of Winter battle when using 24-bit
color in 2D.
- Some users reported a cutscene mode hang after completing the final Heart of
Winter battle, which has been fixed.
- Permissions set in multiplayer games were carrying over into the single
player game, which has been fixed.
- Druids who shapechange will not lose the assigned spells in their Quickspell
slots when reverting back to "human" form.
- Incorrect feedback for luck bonuses/penalties has now been removed.
- Effects that grant a bonus to a character's casting time now work correctly.
the item Kossuth's Blood is one example that now works.
- The journal entry for Vexing Thoughts incorrectly reported that he wanted
nine people slain instead of one.
- Summoned creatures in Heart of Fury mode have had their hit points and to
hit adjustments reduced somewhat.
- Fixed a problem with bags automatically identifying unidentified items.
- Some problems with multiplayer permissions carrying over into Single Player
after playing in a multiplayer game have been fixed.
- Some lizard men in Dragon's Eye were marked as friendly, and this has been
- Innate spell-like special abilities (like the druid shapechange) can no
longer be interrupted by damage.
- The Blur Deck can no longer be used before being identified.
- The Girdle of Beautification now correctly grants its Bless bonus.
- The Lucky Scimitar now properly grants its equipped luck bonus.
- "The Robe of the Watcher" now correctly grants a 10% bonus to magic
- The tooltip text for the Sceptre of Tyranny's daily magical uses now displays
the correct effect, instead of the name of the item.
- The tooltip text for the Singing Blade of Aihonen's daily magical uses now
displays the correct effect, instead of the name of the item.
- Throwing Daggers may now be purchased in multiple quantities.
- Fixed a potential problem in the final Heart of Winter scene where the game
could be stuck in cutscene mode in multiplayer.
- Increased network packet efficiency by reducing size and frequency of some
packets containing potentially redundant information. This should
help decrease lag in all multiplayer games.
- Effects that grant strength bonuses in conjunction with effects that set
strength are now correctly evaluated after area transitions and loading saved
- In some cases, Blood Rage would leave a PC with a Strength of 3. This has
- Chant and Prayer now properly adjust THAC0, saving throws,
and damage bonus instead of luck.
- Fixed a bug with Chant, Prayer, and Recitation incorrectly factoring in a
creature's magic resistance when the beneficial effects were applied.
- Fixed a bug with Barkskin not appropriately modifying your AC at higher
- Improved the speed of Cone of Cold effects and it's derivatives.
- Spell effects based on Confusion now consistantly display the icon in the
Character Record screen.
- Fixed problem with Decastave crashing the game if a shield is equipped when
it is cast.
- Dispel Magic now correctly removes the special abilities granted by
- Power Word Silence is now correctly recognized as a conjuration/summoning
spell, not an invocation spell
- Prayer now correctly modifies THAC0, damage, and saving throws instead of
- Static Charge now works correctly in multiplayer when someone other than the
host casts it.
- Fixed a bug where Wall of Moonlight would not appear or work properly when a
game is loaded or quick-loaded if it was in effect before the load.
- Fixed a minor targeting problem with Whirlwind.
- Fixed a problem with Whirlwind displaying different movement patterns
between clients on multiplayer games.
- The spell progression table for Wizards above level 20 has been corrected.
Please see the section regarding Manual Corrections above for the new table.
- Shield of Lathander's duration dropped from 3 rounds to 2 rounds.
- Druids no longer have access to Slay Living.
VERSION 1.40 - HEART OF WINTER
Heart of Winter expansion pack includes all previous fixes, as well as many
new fixes and enhancements to the game engine and game design. Please see the
manual for specific details.
- Fixed a potential problem with hit points becoming negative with
characters having very high Constitution scores.
- Fixed a potential crash on dial-up and serial games when viewing some
- Fixed potential saving problem with "Auto-Pause on Trap Detection"
- Fixed a message displayed when a PC has a full inventory and an NPC
tries to give the PC an item.
- Adjustments made to the end game for some people who would not get the
ending movies after the final conflict.
- Fixed a problem with salamanders not always displaying their aura
- Removed dependency on Winsock 2 (should help for Windows 95 users).
- Fixed a weapon problem on Fire Elementals.
- Fixed a display bug with derived THAC0 when the Prayer spell was active.
- Fixed a problem with a potion that gave permanent magic resistance
removing it's permanent effect after reloading a game.
- The Robe of the Watcher now gives the 10% magic resistance bonus.
Using Notepad or another text editor, open the 'icewind.ini' file in your
game directory (default: C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Icewind Dale)
and locate the line that says "[Game Options]". If you wish to use the
feature mentioned below, enter the text found within the quotes (but not
the quotes themselves) on to their own line:
"Show Quest XP=1"
This will display the actual amount of experience points you receive when
completing quests. (NOTE: With Heart of Winter installed, this option is
available in the Config program.)
Show Quest XP=1
... etc ...
- Cheats have been readded to the game.
- Fixed the Ettins that don't respond in Dorn's Deep when attacked.
- Fixed some display problems during the final conflict and end game.
- Fixed a potential crash when killing Frost Giants.
- Potential fix for a rare problem with small, impassable areas left when
monsters are killed.
- Fix for doors not appearing the same on different machines during
- Greatly improved framerate of static steam animations.
- Adjusted location of Yxunomei when leaving the level, resting, and
- The shadow in Lysan's area will no longer lock the party in a cutscene
mode. The shadow previously could have trouble pathing to the party.
- On some systems, selecting the "Female Fighter I" sound set would not
play the sounds in the game. This has been corrected.
- Modification made to rest code for fatigue.
- Synchronized clock between saved games and current game time.
- Removed a bad item from random treasure available in Dragon's Eye.
- Fixed THAC0 reduction effect on the Amulet of Corellon Larethian.
- Fixed magic resistance effect on the Shadowed Robe.
- Fixed a problem with Nym not giving a dagger to the party.
- Fixed an alignment problem with the +4 Life Defender.
- Fixed a problem with spells being removed when unequipping the
- The various badges will now not decay when dropped.
- Lonesome Road and other CON-raising items will no longer give a healing
side effect when unequipped and then re-equipped.
- Fixed a problem where equipping the Ring of Free Action after equipping
Boots of Speed would not correctly negate the effects of the Boots of Speed.
- Fixed captive villagers "attacking" the party in Dragon's Eye.
- Fixed a blank dialog node with Mother Eugenia.
- Fixed a problem with the Undead Lieutenant in Dragon's Eye locking the
party in cutscene mode.
- Fixed Orrick the Gray's dialog problem when returning the Book of
- Fixed a problem with a quest related to Kerish.
- Fixed a minor problem with Therik's dialog.
- Fixed an incorrect defense adjustment given in very low Dexterity scores.
- Fixed a bug in the Cleric XP table that would make them level 10 at
- Fixed a potential swap on the icon for Emotion: Hopelessness.
- Fixed problem with priest spell Cloak of Fear: In some cases, it would
not go away after death.
- Fixed problem with wizard spell Identify: Conjurers were not able to
memorize or write the spell.
- Fixed a problem when casting Raise Dead on creatures that aren't dead,
or on undead that cannot be raised.
- Fixed a potential crash bug with Purge Invisibility.
- Bards with the Identify spell memorized can now use it to identify items
in the GUI.
- Creatures killed within the effect of Death Fog now yield experience