Bot Number 7
This is the seventh bot released by Botman...
- Category First Person
- Size 573.5 KB
- Program by Botman
Bot Number 7
This is the seventh bot released by Botman. It includes bug fixes, bot start-of-round respawning support, and new features to TeamPlay mode.
- Bot Number 7 has had the following additions from Bot Number 6:
- bots will now respawn when a round ends after a frag limit or time limit. The bots get "kicked" from the server at the end of the round and respawn themselves when the next map is loaded.
- finally fixed the bot running speed problem.
- when I added the code to get the bots to avoid running into walls (in Bot Number 6), I created a side effect where the bots didn't want to get close enough to ladders to use them! I have corrected that problem in this release. Bots will turn towards a ladder if they see one and, if they are close enough to it, they will run up against the ladder which will allow them to use the ladder.
- when playing in teamplay mode, you can "use" a bot on your team (by pressing the USE key when close enough to the bot) and it will follow you around and provide cover fire. When you "use" a bot, it will speak to you using Barney's voice. I have modified the teamlist to be "barney;hgrunt" so that Barney's voice matches the barney player model. You can change the teamlist to something else if you don't want to use Barney, but it will still speak with Barney's voice. While a Barney is following you around, you can "use" it again to get him to stop following you. If you run too fast and Barney loses sight of you for more than 5 seconds, it will forget about following you and continue roaming around. Note that when bots are following you, they don't try to pick up weapons or ammo, or use Health or HEV wall stations. When a bot sees an enemy, it will stop following you and engage in combat instead. You cannot "use" a Barney that is currently engaged in combat (try this sometime and see what he says to you).
- the "botdontshoot" console command exists in Bot Number 7
- the "observer" mode console command also exists in Bot Number 7
- bots don't know how to use Satchel Charges or Tripmines (yet)