Fallout 3 - Radiation Redux mod v0.1
Mod makes radiation level information more vague and similar...
- Category Traditional
- Size 10.3 KB
- Program by JRaven
Fallout 3 - Radiation Redux mod v0.1
Mod makes radiation level information more vague and similar to Fallout 1 and 2. Player do not know the character's level of radiation and the effects of sickness. The only info given is if the character is radiated or not radiated
Name: Radiation Re-Redux
Category: User Interfaces
This is an updated version of the "Radiation Redux" mod by qzilla. It is my first attempt at Fallout 3 modding so bare with me on this one :)
His mod description:
This mod makes the information about your radiation level more similar to the way it is in Fallout 1 and 2, which is that you don't get to know how radiated you are or what the effects of sickness are (at least if you haven't read the manual). You only know if you are radiated or not radiated. The changes are:
* The rad meter bar has been removed from the HUD message that pops up when your rad level is increasing (you will still see the rads/s number).
* In the stats page of the Pip Boy, the RAD page only shows your Radiation Resistance level. If you are radiated, the text RADIATED will appear. If you are not radiated the message will disappear.
* The EFF page has been removed. This is mainly so that you don't see what the radiation sickness effects are, but it also removes other messages. You can just be smart and figure out what effects are by checking your stats.
I updated his mod by changing the color of the "Radiation" text to a dark red one. I also added several sub lines below the radiation text to describe the sickness the character is currently experiencing as per request by MechanicalPirate:
* Sickness description is written first-person style to keep it immersive
* description is not directly related to radiation effects, meaning that you cannot directly tell if and what weaknesses you have by the description
On top of the Rad Redux changes, I also incorporated the minor tweaks that the MTUI mod provides to the pipboy, since I already had that mod installed and had to merge those xml files with the redux files before changing them. See the "MTUI Improvements" screenshot for the changes the MTUI part of this mod provides to the pipboy.
1. Extract this archive to your Fallout Data folder. The Data folder
can be found under the directory where you installed Fallout.
2. Locate your FALLOUT.INI file. Usually it is found under My
Documents\My Games\Fallout 3.
3. Edit your FALLOUT.INI file in a text editor like Notepad.
4. Change bInvalidateOlderFiles=0 to bInvalidateOlderFiles=1. It is in
the [Archive] section a ways down in the file.
5. Save the INI file.
6. Start the game.
If you have not installed any other mods that modify the GUI, you can
just delete the "menus" folder under your Fallout Data directory.
If you have installed other mods that modify the GUI, or you are unsure,
just delete the following file from under your Fallout Data directory:
* Remove top-left radiation meter from pipboy or retexture it to make it less easy to read.
* Remove "You've gained X radiation level" messages from top-left of the screen whenever you advance to the next radiation level.
* Add more text-based radiation levels
* Clean up code (I know it can be written a lot cleaner but it works, for now).
* Expand this mod to make it a complete pipboy enhancement mod?
This mod will be incompatible with other mods that modify the
stats_menu.xml or hud_main_menu.xml file. Which ever one is installed last will take
0.1, 2008/11/03 - Initial release.
You can send me a Personal Message (PM) on the official Fallout 3
forums. Just PM 'Joshua Raven'. All updates to this mod will be posted on
Thanks to qzilla for the Radiation Redux mod.
Thanks to Max Tael for the MTUI mod.
Thanks to Bethesda for creating Fallout 3.
Thanks to LHammonds for the Readme Generator this file was based on.
Readme Generator - http://lhammonds.game-host.org/obmm/tools_readme_generator1.asp
You can do whatever you want with this mod. No permission is required to
use any of the resources.