NASCAR Heat Demo v1.1
The NASCAR Heat demo features "Beat the Heat," "Race the...
- Category Racing
- Size 42.2 MB
- Program by Monster Games
NASCAR Heat Demo v1.1
The NASCAR Heat demo features "Beat the Heat," "Race the Pro," and "Single Race" modes of play. In Race the Pro, you get the oppurtunity to race against a very fast Dale Earnhardt, Jr., in an attempt to beat his fastest time in five laps or less. In Single Race mode, you take the nighttime track in Richmond, VA.
Specific Video Card Issues
Most problems experienced while running NASCAR Heat are due to running the game with old video drivers. Please contact your video card manufacturer for the latest drivers.
The following video cards have experienced a problem while running the game:
- ATI Rage Pro, ATI Rage Mobility: This video card is a first generation video card with very slow performance and graphics artifacts.
- S3 ViRGE Series: This video card is a first generation video card with very slow performance and graphics artifacts.
- S3 Savage 2000 (Diamond Viper II): This video card might shift textures on the objects. If you are having problems with the card, you can edit the options.cfg file (located in the "c:\Program Files\Hasbro Interactive\NASCAR Heat Demo\Config") and find the line "fix_s3_bug no" in the [GX] section. Change the line to read "fix_s3_bug yes".
- 3D Labs Permedia 2: Video cards with this chip are missing some features that make special effects look not as good.
- 3Dfx Voodoo 1: This card does not have enough video RAM to run the game well. The video resolutions and the texture resolutions are severely limited. If you want to use your primary graphics card instead of the 3Dfx card, modify the shortcut by appending " -1" to the shortcut as described for the Voodoo 2 below.
- 3Dfx Voodoo 2: This card cannot support large textures. Otherwise, the 8 megabyte version looks like most 4 megabyte cards and the 12 Megabyte version looks like an 8 megabyte card. If you want to use your primary graphics card instead of the 3Dfx card, modify the startmenu shortcuts by appending " -1" to the
shortcut's target. For example:
"c:\Program Files\Hasbro Interactive\NASCAR Heat Demo\NASCAR Heat Demo.exe" -1
You must launch the game using the shortcut for the change to occur.
- 3Dfx Voodoo 3: This card cannot support large textures and does not support AGP textures.
Monster Games recommends the latest video cards from any of the manufacturers. At the Monster Games office, they run nVidia GeForce series, the 3Dfx Voodoo 5, the Matrox G400, and the ATI Rage 128/Rage 128 Pro/Radeon.
NASCAR Heat will not run under Windows NT. Although it is not officially coded to work with Windows 2000, the game will run. If you run under Windows 2000, you might experience the following issues:
1. Poor video card support. Windows 2000 shipped with spotty support for many 3D video cards. If the game crashes or won't run, you should contact your video card manufacturer for the latest Windows 2000 video card drivers.
2. Poor joystick/wheel support. The code to read the joystick in Windows 2000 may produce "jerky" input. We have seen this problem appear on some computers and is caused by how Windows 2000 reads the joystick.
3. Multi-processor support. We have tested the game on a
multi-processor systems and the performance was great.