DOOM 3 - DungeonDoom 5.2
DungeonDoom is a Doom3 modification for Windows, Linux and
- Category First Person
- Size 28.2 MB
- Program by hellborg
DOOM 3 - DungeonDoom 5.2
DungeonDoom is a Doom3 modification for Windows, Linux and now Mac OSX. It incorporates most key features of roguelike games. In particular, levels are largely composed of mazes, which are generated with a pseudo-random number generator. Levels have stairs leading either to higher or lower levels of the dungeon.
- 20-100 randomly generated maze levels with randomly placed monsters. The strength of enemies increases the deeper you descend. Exits are blocked by pentagrams until all enemies have been spawned
- Three player classes: Fighter, Psi-Fighter and Supernatural with varying abilities to wield weapons and/or use magical skills.
- Three different difficulty settings with variations in light level, trap visibility, enemy toughness and enemy behavior.
- Three different game length settings starting with a 20 level quickgame, a 50 level medium game and a lengthy 100 level long gameplay mode. Enemy difficulty increases faster in quicker games.
- 10 different magical spells with 3 different skill levels each.
- Fighters can use experience to improve weapon usage.
- Ammunition, Potions, Scrolls and various light sources are available in shops.
- Special enemy capabilities, including paralyzing, blinding, poisoning, teleporting and invisibility.
- Traps which cause damage, status effects or Level transitions (Trapdoors).
- Magically summoned pet pinky (credits to tinman).
- Refreshment fountains to replenish health or mana.
- Hidden Doors, which are activated by secret buttons open passages and rooms containing tougher enemies and/or special chests.
Spells and Items are activated using a menu built into the player hud. Use the T and G keys to scroll through available spells. At the beginning only one spell is available, but more spells can be learned at higher levels. USe the Y and H keys to scroll through available items bought in the shop. A maximum of 15 items can be stacked. Use the B key to use/cast the selected item/spell, or use the V key and sussequently one of the hotkeys (Q, E, Z or X) to assign the item/spell to this hotkey.
By killing enemies you will earn experience, which will enable advances in character level. You will earn two ability points at each level advance. Use the tab key to enter the ability development gui. Select an available spell or ability using the arrow and enter keys. More spells/abilities and higher levels will become available later in the game. At higher spell levels, casting is more likely to succeed and costs less mana. Higher ability levels improve weapon efficiency.