Dark Reign 2 patch v1.1
File Info: Dark Reign 2 patch v1.1
Description: Dark Reign 2 patch v1.1This will bring your Dark Reign 2 up to version 1.1. See more info for details on new features.
This document contains a list of bug fixes and new improvements for Dark Reign 2.
Dark Reign 2 v1.1 Patch Size: 3 MB
To upgrade your version of Dark Reign 2, simply download dr2_1_1.exe (3 mb) and double-click it. Click on Setup. Then click on “Install The Patch” to continue the installation.
Under "Location of system to patch" it will normally update Dark Reign 2's installation in the following directory:
C:\Program Files\Dark Reign 2.
If you have not changed your installation directory, then click Apply Patch. If you have a custom installation directory for Dark Reign 2 then select "..." to browse to your installation folder if the current directory is incorrect. After you have selected your appropriate installation folder for Dark Reign 2 then click Apply Patch.
After the installation is complete you can then launch Dark Reign 2 and take advantage of the updated functionality.
The update will work for all Microsoft Windows 95/98 CD-ROM versions of Dark Reign 2. It will upgrade Dark Reign 2 from the release version, to version 1.1.
Minimum System Requirements:
· Windows® 95 or Windows® 98
· Pentium® II 233 Mhz processor
· 64 MB of RAM
· Requires 550 MB of uncompressed disk space for game files, plus an additional 100 MB for the Windows swap file
· 100% DirectX® 7.0a compliant 4MB 2D Card (or 2D capable 3D card*) and Drivers
· 100% DirectX 7.0a compliant 3D Card and Drivers **
· 100% DirectX 7.0a compliant true 16-bit sound card and Drivers
· 100% Windows 95/98 compatible Quad speed CD-ROM drive (600k/sec sustained transfer rate) and Drivers
· 100% Windows 95/98 compatible mouse or trackball and Drivers
· 100% Windows 95/98 compatible keyboard
· Requires DirectX 7.0a (included) or higher
· Requires Winsock 2
Multiplayer Minimum System Requirements:
· Internet (TCP/IP) and LAN (TCP/IP) play supported
· Internet play requires a 100% Windows 95/98 compatible 28.8 Kbps (or faster) modem and Drivers
· LAN play (and high-speed Internet play over DSL and cable modems) requires a 100% Windows 95/98 compatible network interface card and Drivers
Supported Chipsets for Windows 95/98***
· 3DFx Banshee
· 3DFx Voodoo 2
· 3DFx Voodoo 3
· ATI Rage 128
· Matrox G200
· Matrox G400
· NVIDIA TnT
· NVIDIA TnT2
· NVIDIA GeForce
· NVIDIA GeForce 2
* Some 3D cards do not have refined 2D capabilities. Your 3D card may meet this requirement without the need for additional hardware. Please contact your 3D card manufacturer for further information on your card's capabilities.
** 3D Accelerator Card Required - A 100% DirectX 7.0a (or higher) compliant 3D video card and driver with z-buffering capability is Required to play Dark Reign 2. Dark Reign 2 uses Microsoft's Direct3D to support 3D hardware acceleration. It has been tested on many, but not all of the major cards incorporating the chipsets whose names are listed above. Some 3D accelerator card brands utilizing the chipsets whose names are listed above may not be fully compatible with the 3D acceleration features utilized by Dark Reign 2. For a full list of cards and drivers that have been tested, please visit http://www.activision.com.
*** Some, but not all of the cards with the chipsets above have been tested on Windows 2000. For Windows 2000 3D Support, please refer to your hardware manufacturer for 100% DirectX 7.0a (Direct 3D) compliant Windows 2000 Drivers.
1. Fix to line of sight to correct Lightning Tower not being able to attack in certain situations
2. Fixed flyers to move more smoothly and path plan better…especially though urban environments.
3. Fixes to beam effects to correctly show them when created under shroud (fence beams, artillery etc).
4. Fix for a crash created by several people in the WON lobbies switching rooms
5. Fix for "unresolved transporter" crash
6. Changes to the way the redbook audio device is found to help with multiple CD-Rom drives
7. Changes to handle packet corruption in multiplayer (cheating attempts / denial of service)
8. Fix for intermittent "illegal var name" crash
9. Upgraded to the latest WON library to fix various problems.
10. Building footprint & traction type / surface type changes to improve air unit pathing over pipes.
11. Change to prevent interpolation while stalled (units flying into the air)
12. Fixed boat Range bug, which allowed certain boats to fire much farther than expected
13. Fixes to aspects of Strategic AI (some of these would have lead to some of the stalls in the AI which prevent it from constructing);
14. Minor problems in bombardier system (air strikes and mojos)
15. Building placement bugs
16. Money allocation bug which occurred when higher priority items displaced lower priority items (the usage of the lower priority item was not refunded which resulted in that item not being built for a long time)
17. Clamped the maximum range defense would attempt to maximize enemy threat (this lead to the AI believing that the gun towers in your base were threatening its base and it would send every available unit to that location)
18. Interface vars which point at READONLY vars cannot be modified (this was the source of one of the cheats found by players)
1. Addition of status icons for low performance (simulation, display and networking). If your performance drops below a certain level it will notify you if the drop is caused by your CPU, your video card, or your net connection.
2. Added frame advance when performance drops so player doesn’t feel game has locked up
3. Added a few more checks for cheating prevention
4. Change to allow low detail lights
5. Clear player selection when joining a game (so chat isn't locked onto a player once you're in the room).
6. Addition of 'Resource Configuration' in Multiplayer / IA setup. This will allow you to set whether all Resources will regenerate or not
7. Changes to layout in WON lobby
8. Addition of ignore functionality in WON lobby
9. Addition of player icons for ignored / muted and moderator
10. Added new key-bindings. They include:
e - select all units on map
l - leave (unload) transport
shift r - recycle
h - cycle through HQ’s
d - drop map marker
c - activate comms menu
squad ai behaviors
alt s - scout
alt k - skirmisher
alt d - defender
alt w - warrior
alt t - terminator
11. Sped up the Pre-Post fire animations on several units to make them react faster
12. Decreased speed and LOS on Construction Rigs to help reduce the chance of a ‘Turret Rush’
13. Reduced rotation of Scorpion tank turret to 180 degrees.
14. Several tweaks to the Baron Samedi to make it more effective.
15. Several other minor balance tweaks.
16. Improvements to Strategic AI:
- Builds a lot more gun towers (defensive personality builds more than aggressive)
- Builds multiple facilities when cash is available
- Builds water and air units when applicable
- Addition of OrdererLevel manifest in construction system (which is used for GunTowers, primary rigs)
- When adjusting the difficulty level of an AI it also multiplies the incoming money that AI gets (hard x2 brainsick x4 and easy /2)
- Improved use of disruptors around the base
- Tweaked the monetary allocations for defensive and aggressive
- Gun towers are recycled when recycling a refinery where the resource has been exhausted
- The rigs the AI gets from recycling facilities are now reused
17. Added support for language specific auto updated patches
18. New patches need only be the actual RTP patch file (no need for redistributing the patch installer and the RTPatch DLL as these have been added to the games data via the 1.1 patch)
19. Added axes, which allow symmetrical painting of textures and colors on maps.
- Linked buildings (like public telepads) now display their link in the studio and also there was a bug in the studio, which prevented you from changing a telepad link once it had been set.
20. If any player has different data they are notified at game start so that they need not wait for the OOS message.
21. Made the OOS message more confrontational giving the player to exit immediately.