Enemy Territory: Quake Wars Demo v2.0
File Info: Enemy Territory: Quake Wars Demo v2.0
Description: Enemy Territory: Quake Wars Demo v2.0Enemy Territory: Quake Wars pits the armies of Earth against the invading alien Strogg in an online strategic shooter. Players choose to battle as one of five unique classes in either the EDF (Earth Defense Force -- humans) or the barbaric alien Strogg armies.
This updated demo reflects the changes in the new 1.4 patch and includes the new features such as "tutorial mode".
Note: The Enemy Territory: QUAKE WARS Demo 1.0 is no longer supported. We recommend that you uninstall Demo 1.0 before installing the Enemy Territory: QUAKE WARS Demo 2.0.
Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars 1.4 Changelog
* Front End Hot Servers listing added to the server browser (includes listing of number of players considering joining the server)
* Server browser now updates player count the instant somebody chooses to connect to it
* Added panel to the server browser screen that displays the users stats and awards progress
* Ticker on server browser screen now links to external web sites
* New options available on Play Computer screen
* Additional option on the Game Settings screen (Advanced HUD, Respawn Text, Draw Fireteam List etc)
* Play Computer New Tutorial mode with pre-set bot skill levels
* Key tooltips now briefly pause the game in tutorial mode to help lead the player
* Tooltips played in tutorial mode now highlight corresponding HUD elements where appropriate
* Additional new tooltips
* Updated bot AI for Tutorial mode: bots play less aggressive, assist more and pace the completion of objectives
* General Head hitbox for player models adjusted, damage now scales better based on accuracy
* New VO added for tooltips
* Subtle Motivators added - When players achieve various records in-game they are told so via a pop-up message
* Vehicles at the main base of either side are now immune to damage after spawning, immunity is lost when used by a player
* Spawning vehicles are now static until used by a player to avoid exploiting
* Mines are now highlighted by green or red dots on the HUD
* Fireteam leaders are now displayed with White player arrows, fireteams with Yellow arrows and friends with Cyan arrows
* Vampire Strike beacon smoke effect has been updated
* Revive missions for Medics/Technicians are now Tasks
* Matches can now be paused mid-game via 'pausegame' or 'admin pause/unpause'
* Player models on the limbo menu now rotate 360 degrees when a class is first selected
* Buttons added to mute limbo menu voice tutorial
* End game stats screen has been updated with new stats info (Next Award, Rewards gained this campaign, Personal Bests, Mouse over info on map awards like Best Engineer)
* Advanced HUD option (moves text, reduces space used by obituaries and moves subtle motivator pop-ups)
* Deployables now display the owner's name on Crosshair info
* New HUD icons for parachuting/air-shield and Third Eye Camera
* Reduced decoy fire rate on Tormentor and Anansi
* Reload time increased on Anansi Rockets and Tormentor Plasma Cannon
* Reduced damage done to deployables by Anansi Rockets and Tormentor Plasma Cannon
* Re-balanced Anansi and Tormentor XP
* Basic hacking has had its time reduced and can now also cause damage when hacking an already disabled deployable
* Slightly updated effects on Violator
* Sniper Rifle and Railgun trails are now more obvious/longer duration
* Stroybomb reload time increased slightly
* Adjusted the point at which the attacking team gets a reduced spawn time
* Progress decay on some objectives has been adjusted
* Player's now receive a warning when a turret is targeting them or when they have triggered a mine
* Added more support for loading mods
* A message is printed on the HUD when someone finishes hacking a shield generator
* The game running in fullscreen no longer forcefully captures the mouse, resulting in better multitask behaviour
* 'vstr' now evaluates immediately, rather than adding its output to the end of the command buffer
* Workaround for certain ISPs filtering out legitimate authentication and match making packets
* Multiplayer stereo sound separation algorithm alternative from Quake 4 added, s_earSeperationAlgo 1 to enable (Default and legacy is 0) two additional cvars for control: s_esa1_minVolume (sound never drops below this fraction for either ear), s_esa1_maxWindow (window size in which volume is maxed, fraction of full range)
* Text declarations now take priority over binary ones to make mod development easier
* WriteJumpStartDemo now overwrites existing files
* Added local stats tracking for offline play
* Increased XP reward for players picking up your Health Packs, Ammo Packs and Stroyent Cells
* Added green repair indicators if someone repairs your vehicle.
* The icarus is now more forgiving to lock on to
* The MCP auto-deploys when it has been in the deploy zone for half a second, deploy text on HUD removed.
* MCP does not take damage unless it can move
* MCP driver can now remain inside the MCP when it is disabled
* MCP driver MG cannot be used when the MCP is disabled
* Shotgun pellet count reduced and fire rate increased
* Assault Rifle and Lacerator base weapon accuracy increased
* Sprinting will now pull you out of sighted/scoped mode
* APT turrets now have a 1.5 second delay before it starts turning towards the player.
* ETQW:TV Added support for spawning repeater server on dedicated server, net_spawnRepeater 1 to enable
* Added support for connecting repeater relay servers to other repeater servers, net_spawnRepeater 1 to enable
* The port the repeater will use can be controlled by net_repeaterPort, the default is 27833 is no port is specified
* Use ri_maxViewers to control viewer slot limit for repeater servers
* Access to the repeater can be limited by the use of ri_useViewerPass, g_viewerPassword, g_repeaterPassword, ri_privateViewers and g_privateViewerPassword
* Repeater server name can be controlled by ri_name
* Viewers may chat to other viewers on the same repeater server, this can be disabled with g_noTVChat
* Viewers may cycle through player views by pressing the attack key, and free fly using the alt attack key
* Broadcasting can be delayed by changing net_clientRepeaterDelay, this is only supported on repeater relays
* Repeaters can be set up to auto-download required content by setting net_clientRepeaterAutoDownload to 1
* For additional information on the ETQW TV feature, please see the ETQW TV Readme file.
* Bug Fixes Fixed saving some passwords causing the local account to be corrupted
* Fixed typing quickly scrambling user input
* Fixed typing while holding down Shift sometimes causing text overwrites
* Fixed low apparent texture quality if texture quality settings were below the baseline
* Fixed an intermittent crash on startup during the "Loading UI..." stage
* Fixed crash when loading a map on ATI brand cards
* Fixed serverInfo command incorrectly reporting server status
* Fixed filters being applied to History and Favorites list
* Fixed auto-updater being used when running from the Steam version of the game
* Fixed ServerLauncher not reloading the last opened profile
* Fixed ServerLauncher not properly setting the mod
* Fixed being able to corrupt user chat history
* Fixed a crash when deleting the last item in the replay list
* Fixed sometimes being able to send empty messages when chatting
* Fixed jittery bots & vehicles when playing against the computer with unlockFPS on
* Fixed clipping through ceiling when getting out of the Husky in specific locations
* Fixed Player.cpp bad floating point dump-to-console error
* Fixed GDF deployable "jerk" on landing
* Fixed servers having incorrect antilag tuning - antilag tuning CVars are now read-only
* Fixed infiltrator being able to teleport without having full charge
* Fixed bugs with accurized lacerator/scoped assault rifle scoping & unscoping
* Prevented vehicle view FOV issues - FOV limited to 90 when in vehicles
* Fixed loading screen sometimes showing previous server's information
* Fixed relative directory name detection incorrectly marking certain paths as relative, resulting in problems when attempting to create directories or files
* Fixed offline friends in the friends list incorrectly appearing as if they were on a server
* Fixed 5.1 and 7.1 audio not working in certain surround configurations
* Fixed mouse buttons not being swapped correctly when the raw input api was used
* Fixed autocompletion not working in certain situations for files that exist in PK4s
* Fixed bindings.cfg able to be being executed multiple times in a frame due to input language switches, potentially resulting in keys not being bound
* Fixed projection matrix jittering being applied in cases where it shouldn't (for example, waypoint icon coordinate calculation)
* Fixed not always clearing the fireteam name edit box before opening it.
* Fixed 'create' on fireteam menu when trying to create more than 8 fireteams.
* Fixed playing OOB tooltip even though player was dead.
* Fixed inverted "blocked you"/"unlbocked you" tooltips in the friends list.
* Fixed campaign tab being fullscreen when restarting map and going straight to the vote tab.
* Fixed seeing the action icon on enemy mines even though disarming was impossible from that distance.