Fallout Tactics BOS patch 1.27
File Info: Fallout Tactics BOS patch 1.27
Description: Fallout Tactics BOS patch 1.27This patch has a ton of fixes in the GUI, missions, vehicle, sound, game engine, and multiplayer aspects of the game. See more info for complete details.
Fallout Tactics Patch 2
Upgrades version 1.13 (gold master) to version 1.27
Upgrades version 1.25 (patch 1) to version 1.27
Includes version 1.26 of the Tactics Editor tools.
Thursday, May 31 2001
The primary purpose of this patch is to support custom missions and campaigns
made with version 1.26 of the BOS editor. Additionally there are some high
priority bug fixes and support for the most recent Miles Sounds System.
Details for changes made in the first patch can be found at the end of this
Note: You will need to read the "EDITOR_README.txt" file if you wish to set up
your installation to be compatible with the editors. Additionally you should be
aware of the licensing agreement found in "Fallout Editor End User License
Agreement.txt" and accept its terms before using the editor.
FIXES IN THIS PATCH
- Four Horsemen bug. On entering the four horsemen special encounter the
ordering for the squad will no longer randomly change.
- Armour in hand slot. Placing or removing armour from a hand slot no longer
- Leaving a multiplayer game no longer causes slow downs.
- Respawning in turnbased multiplayer no longer causes crashes, or exclusion
from the turn list.
- Upgrade to version 6.1 of the Miles Sound System. This fixes a number of
reported sound problems.
- Fix to sprite caching and usage of virtual memory.
Senior Programmer, Fallout Tactics.
Micro Forte, Canberra
Fallout Tactics Patch 1
Upgrades version 1.13 (gold master) to version 1.25
Black Good Friday, 13 Apr 2001
The following patch fixes numerous issues that are in the original gold version
of Fallout Tactics. (Released 15 Mar 2001) Also many changes have been made in
response to feedback in the forums. We have been working our hardest to address
all the issues, and improve the game. We don't always have to time to give
immediate feedback, so thank you for your patience.
Special thanks to:
MrLips, Bret Sadler, Turgay Birand, Kevin R. McGaffey, Lon Chen, Leto Atreides
II, Corey Peters, Eric Bender, Scott Lufkin, Wes Harris, Cary Martin, Scott
Rosenthal, Bruce Poon, Chris Tyrell, Tony Oakdens shabby computer and those I
Who kindly provided savegames and information that assisted in the creation of
this patch. And to all the fans who provided feedback via Email, Tech-support,
It appears that many CDs had a corruption problem on CD3 during duplication.
These bad CDs are the cause of missing images for items etc for some users.
Vehicles and doors will also not appear if you have one of the CDs from this bad
batch. Naturally we are disappointed that this has occurred.
Either exchange your copy for another from the store you bought it at, or send
the copy to interplay for replacement. Also calling tech support is a good
idea, to confirm that this is your problem.
For those who can afford to download it, a separate patch is available of around
85MB that will replace the corrupted file.
FREEZE ON BLACK STARTUP SCREEN
Game hangs on startup, Game gives you a black screen, or Sound is choppy.
Miles sound system asks for DirectSound preferred game device.
DirectSound is using the Modem Wave converter (or other device) as the default
Install this patch.
MISSION 03 GATE
There is a gate in mission 3 that will only open once. Unfortunately if your
characters are in the way of the gate, it will not open, and there is no way to
Install this patch.
FIXES IN THIS PATCH
Following is a list of what we have changed or fixed.
A note on savegames: All old savegames should continue to work after the patch.
In the following list, any fix that has a '*' next to it means the fix will only
be visible if you haven't reached this point in the savegame. In some cases you
would have to start a new campaign for the changes to take effect.
- Target location in mouse-over text on hands gets updated correctly
- Added warning when creating a tough guy character
- Fixed nasty crash with recruit pool. Fixed other recruits pool problems such
as characters losing their progress.
- Multiplayer screen remembers last IP address typed in
- Fixed a bug in non-english versions with accent characters.
- Added non-living health descriptions (undamaged to destroyed)
- Stance & sentry buttons only reflect state of group if all squad members are
in the same state, otherwise they are all unchecked
- Perks window closes when switching to another actor that cannot take any perks
- Fixed up target window button position
- Fixed sticking buttons problem
- Disabled save in multiplayer
- Cannot quicksave from barter window, and many other fullscreen windows.
- Minimap: Vehicles are white when you occupy them otherwise gray
- Limited minimap zoom, because it was causing performance problems.
- Can now use steal commands to easily loot from one squad member to another.
- Characters age over time.
- Stat changes only reported for drug usage
*- Single player recruits pool greatly improved.
*- Paramedics bag and field medic kits are actually better than standard kits.
*- Fixed armour pierce values for 2mmEC, Flamer Fuel and Explosive rounds
*- Rocket launcher damage increased 20%
*- Some of the special encounter traders have more useful items for barter.
- Fixed sentry modes losing user target
- Tweaked down armor piercing ammo strength.
- Fixed nasty bug with Turn-Based AI reactions.
- Disabled cautious nature, since it does nothing.
- Tough Guy is now double XP
- Fixed multiple attacks in one fire sequence
- Brain Kills dont shift alignment
- Death sense perk now available
- Flamer does damage sooner so the pain and death animations caused look better
- Books no longer print a message twice
- When stealing, everything weighs at least 0.1, this means things that normally
weigh 0 like BOS script, actually get harder to steal when there is lots of them
- EMP damage +50% against non-living, -50% otherwise
- Fixed Mutate perk
- Dogs have some optional trait changes.
- Fixed duration of drug and other consumable effects
- Path finding more robust during collisions.
- Recruits correctly gain rank now.
- Special encounters correctly save now.
- Fixed armor values bug for recruits.
- AI is correctly using over watch mode during turn-based play. It should now
be harder to exploit turn-based against the AI.
- Fixed bug that may have been causing the main character to become last squad
- Swift leaner perk correctly gives +5% XP instead of 1 XP
- The science bonus to criticals on robots is working properly
- Camera centers on players actors when reentering missions
- Tweaked barter skill calculations so that the BAD pricing side of the scale
(when you have worse skill) changes twice as fast as you put up skill. And the
GOOD side of the scale (with better skill) changes in a more linear way.
Basically I fixed the math.
- Dead large actors (Behemoths etc) are no longer ethereal (cant walk through
- Non bos human races can use first aid skill etc
- Fixed random encounters chance so that frame rate does not alter the chance of
encounters, as a result it should be more consistent (and lower) on all
- Fixed nasty recruit pool bugs
- Fixed errant stat changes from hand items
- Free heal for bandaged/winded/concussed whenever heal rate kicks in (each hour
in game, rapidly while moving around world map)
- Fixed problem where vehicles would keep moving when arriving on a new map
- PathFind - Fixed problem with large critters and some ladders
- Doctor skill lets you heal bandaged state, without getting the error message
- Squad Turn Based - Restores previous turns selection states
- Random encounters much rarer, fixed many errors in the random encounter chance
- Fixed a path finding bug with ladder tops and building gutters
*- Mission 1 has a lot more healing loot.
*- Tutorial movies are also available from the pip-boy archive
*- Mission 11. Fixed bug which meant that if you killed the mutant generals and
then killed the mutant attackers the ghoul elder (Devcon) would not say his
last line of dialogue and the exit grid would not appear)
*- Fixed problem where Mission 3 Rock Falls, gate switch works one time only and
will fail if gate motion is blocked by another character.
- Mission 4. Added some steps to the ledge of one of the buildings in mission 4
to stop characters getting stuck on the ledge. Theoretically they can't get
onto the ledge anyway but at least one guy has managed to get his character
- The broken ladder in St. Louis should now be fixed.
- Movies only play the first time, and not when you revisit bunkers.
- The APC is no longer higher than walls, and thus no longer becomes stuck
- Fixed vehicle and character duplication bug
- Stopped vehicle losing inventory when left behind on maps
- Black Screen of Death. New DirectSound device detection to prevent lockup of
Tactics on startup. If the client machine has an invalid device set as default,
FOT will ignore it and search for a usable device.
- Plays sound when using shortcut keys to switch between textlog / minimap
- Vehicle engine volume lowered in TB when not vehicles turn
- Running out of RAM
- Random crashes.
Most of the above should be fixed. Tactics no longer uses up all available
virtual memory during extended play.
- Fixed numerous problems with chat, team chat, and observer chat
- Fixed vehicles in MP disappearing after game end
- Fixed broken turnbased after game end
- Fixed sync bug with character screen and changing character tabs
- Re-Enabled sync testing
- Added team-respawning option
- Multiplayer drugs now operate in minutes not hours
- Can set a server option for squad selection time limit
- Changed point limit to apply per character not per team. This should sort out
the major imbalance when players took one super character instead of a squad.
- Experience and level-ups now propagated through multiple maps
- Levelling works correctly in TB multiplayer.
- Fixed crash bugs involving kicking and session lost in startup screens.
- Re-enabled kick option on readiness screen.
- Fix to observer chat
- Server screen: When setup changes, the server remembers what player was
- Fixed <+p> problem on word wrap in multiplayer chat.
- The multiplayer recruits pools is taken from a text file now
- Fixed black screen lockup bug in multiplayer setup screen
Turn Dead Island into a true zombie apocalypse and prepare to face over 100x more zombies, including enough ammo you need to fight them off.
These beautiful wallpapers are more than scenic shots of Minecraft, but actual in-game creations from its fan-base.