Left 4 Dead - Doku Survival Mod
File Info: Left 4 Dead - Doku Survival Mod
Description: Left 4 Dead - Doku Survival ModThis is a single player survival mod for Left 4 Dead with changes to the game feel like a classic zombie movie. Zombie movie realism is in full effect with large hordes of slower moving zombies are ready to trap you. Headshots are the best way to kill a zombie and you have no flash light, a reduced HUD, more realistic gun mechanics, and weaker melee attacks to fall back on. Will you survive this zombie onslaught?
Follow these instructions precisely or the mod will not work :
1.Make sure you have the latest patched "Left 4 Dead". If you can run the game from steam then it is ok.
2.Unzip the contents of "VPK_EXTRACTOR.zip" into "steamapps/common/left 4 dead/left4dead"
3.Run the "Gibbed.Valve.ExtractPackage.exe" which will now be in "steamapps/common/left 4 dead/left4dead".
4.Click on the "Extract" button, select the "pak01_dir.vpk" file then click on open. This will take a few minutes.
5.When the extractor has finished, backup these files/folders : (you will need to restore backups to play regular L4D)
"steamapps/common/left 4 dead/left4dead/pak01_dir.vpk"
"steamapps/common/left 4 dead/left4dead/scripts"
"steamapps/common/left 4 dead/left4dead/sound/weapons"
"steamapps/common/left 4 dead/left4dead/maps"
"steamapps/common/left 4 dead/left4dead/resource"
6. Extract all the contents of this zip into "steamapps/common/left 4 dead/left4dead" making sure to overwrite ALL files.
7. Play! :)
* New weapon sounds (Most made by Doku but with others grabbed from various soundpacks).
* New weapon scripts - Adjusted accuracy, recoil, rate of fire, clip sizes etc.
* Weapon melee less effective.
* No survivor bots.
* Slower survivors and zombies - to change the pace of the game and make it feel more tense.
* Higher density of zombies on the maps, more frequent hordes/ambushes.
* No special zombies (apart from tweaked tanks for the finales).
* Headshots only to kill zombies (apart from molotovs / pipebombs etc).
* Increased damage when hit from behind - you must always be aware of you surroundings, don't turn you back on that unchecked room
* No in-game music - You have to indentify incoming hordes by the sounds of the zombies.
* All maps tweaked (apart from part 4 of the blood harvest campaign)
* Removed weapon,ammo & health pack spawns from safe rooms. Weapons and health packs are now limited and scattered around the maps, so you have to search for them. There are no ammo points in the map so if your primary gun runs out you'll need to find another. However everyone still has infinate pistol (although with smaller clip and less accuracy).
* HUD completely revised - It now only shows your own health, no crosshair/inventory or teammate statistics (If you equip first aid then you can see your teammates health when you aim at them).
* Added in-game laser dot - Useful for close to medium range. This emphasises the sniper rifle as a profficient long range weapon as its the only gun with an effective long range aiming mechanism.
* Removed flashlight - This adds much more tension to darker areas of the map, especially when you need to search for weapons or first aid... Be careful in the dark...
* Various other smaller tweaks.......
Turn Dead Island into a true zombie apocalypse and prepare to face over 100x more zombies, including enough ammo you need to fight them off.
These beautiful wallpapers are more than scenic shots of Minecraft, but actual in-game creations from its fan-base.