Fallout 3 - Level 30 and 40 Cap Mod
File Info: Fallout 3 - Level 30 and 40 Cap Mod
Description: Fallout 3 - Level 30 and 40 Cap ModThis mod increases the default level cap at 20 to level 30 or 40. THis mod does have some drawbacks.
* Any characters with an Evil status or lots of negative Karma will crash the game when leveling to level 21.
* All positive Karma status will be gone
* Any stats above 100 will crash the game and will require downloading the skills work around mod
Read below for more info
WARNING WARNING WARNING
IF YOUR CHARACTER IS EVIL UPON REACHING LEVEL 21, YOUR GAME WILL CRASH.
EITHER ADJUST YOUR KARMA UPWARD BEFORE LEVELING, THEN ADJUST IT BACK DOWN AFTER, OR TRY DOING SOME GOOD FOR A CHANGE.
ALSO, IF YOUR CHARACTER IS NOT EVIL, YOU WILL LOSE YOUR KARMIC STATUS ("PARADIGM OF HUMANITY," "LAST BEST HOPE OF HUMANITY") AND BE RESET TO "VAULT DWELLER." THIS IS A SCRIPT ISSUE THAT I CANNOT FIX CURRENTLY. IF YOU CAN THINK OF A WAY AROUND THIS PLEASE LET ME KNOW.
WE NOW RETURN YOU TO YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED README.
Increases the level cap to the number represented in the ESP's filename - either 30 or 40.
The game already has correct XP values for each level, and you continue to gain Perks and Skill Points as normal. Basically just plug it in and level the hell up.
Big props to everyone at #Fallout3Modding for their help, especially throttlekitty, Rheikon, Lightzy, Citric_Acid, etc., qzilla from the Bethsoft forums for the idea to modify existing GMSTs, and trithreat for the closeallmenus tip.
THINGS TO NOTE:
- If your skills end up maxed out, levelling up will lock the game on the skill screen. For this reason I recommend sticking with the 30-level cap, but if you're willing to take the risk you go right ahead and use the 40.
- I haven't tested enemy scaling past level 20. Let me know how it works out for you.
- To prove it works, type: getGS iMaxCharacterLevel
and see what value it gives you.
- If you happen to get all your skills maxed out and are stuck in the "Add Skill Points" menu, open the console ( ~ ) and enter this command:
this will close the Level Up menu and allow you to keep playing.
1. Download the file and place it anywhere on your computer.
2. Open the file using 7-zip to extract the two ESPs from it.
3. Place these two ESPs in this folder: Bethesda Softworks\Fallout 3\Data\
4. Load Fallout 3 - on the splash screen (Play / Data Files / Options / Etc.), choose Data Files.
5. Put a checkmark next to the ESP you want to use (either MaxLevel30 or MaxLevel40).