Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 v1.12 Patch
File Info: Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 v1.12 Patch
Description: Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 v1.12 PatchComrades, the Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Patch 1.12 is a single hot-fix addressing a balance exploit error with the Allied Assault Destroyer. It includes patch changes from version v1.11.
Download Foreign Language Patches
Click below for more details of changes made in this patch.
Command & Conquer(tm) Red Alert(tm) 3
Version 1.11 Patch Notes - May, 2009
This patch for Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 fixes several exploits and bugs, improves balance, adds two free maps from Red Alert 3: Uprising, and more.
• Added two new maps for skirmish and online play: Spring Fever (2 player) and Blitzen’s Back (4 player). Play these maps and many more in the stand-alone campaign expansion, Red Alert 3 Uprising, available for download at http://www.commandandconquer.com.
Balance Changes: Global
• Garrison Range bonus reduced to 75% from 100%.
• Walls and Structures no longer block line of sight while being constructed.
• Parachute drop time increased.
• Oil Derricks now explode when destroyed. Keep your distance.
• Observation Post health increased to 10000 from 3000.
• Due to the recent downturn in the global economy, all Super Weapons are now half price.
• Anti-Infantry vehicles (Riptide, Jet Tengu) vulnerability to GUN damage (PeaceKeeper, Conscript, Imperial Warrior) now reduced to 25% from 50%.
• The Top Secret Protocols have been reordered for all three factions.
Balance Changes: By Faction
• Allied Javelin Soldier cost reduced to 300 from 400.
• Allied Aircraft Carrier drone speed increased to 225 from 150.
• Allied Aircraft Carrier drones no longer give large amounts of XP when killed.
• Allied Aircraft Carrier reload time reduced to 10s from 15s.
• Allied Assault Destroyer Black Hole Armor bonus increased to 35% from 25%.
• Allied Outpost now gains additional health when upgraded (25% per level).
• Allied Athena Cannon no longer requires line of sight to attack. It can fire over walls now!
• Allied Cryocopter health reduced to 650 from 750.
• Allied Chronorift cast delay reduced to 1s. Rift time changed to 5s , 10s, and 15s, depending.
• Allied Defense Bureau build time increased to 30s from 10s.
• Special Agent Tanya Adams now requires the Defense Bureau to be built.
• Allied Apollo Fighter heath increased to 300 from 250.
• Allied Chronosphere now requires the Defense Bureau to be built.
• Soviet Hammer Tanks can no longer leech while moving.
• Soviet Apocalypse Tank grinder damage halved.
• Soviet Flak Trooper Cost increased to 400 from 300.
• Soviet structures will no longer refund 100% of their cost if canceled after taking damage. Refund value reduction is equivalent to the damage taken by the building.
• Soviet Super Power Plant energy production reduced to 350 from 500.
• Soviet Super Power Plant will no longer explode if it is destroyed before it has completed building.
• Soviet Stingray health increased to 450 from 360.
• Soviet Dreadnaught Missiles now scatter against units.
• Soviet MiG Fighter health increased to 240 from 200.
• Soviet Iron Curtain now requires the Battle Lab to be built.
• Japan MCV build radius increased to facilitate wall building.
• Japan Jet Tengu now much less deadly against each other in air form.
• Japan Tsunami Tank now auto-heals while it’s secondary ability is active.
• Japan Honorable Discharge power no longer deals any friendly fire.
• Japan King Oni health increased to 3000 from 2250.
• Japan Emperor’s Rage powers now limit the speed debuff to 75% for all levels.
• Japan Wave Force Artillery no longer requires line of sight for attacking. It can shoot through walls, buildings, and anything else dumb enough to get in front of it.
• Japan Naginata Cruiser Spread-Torpedo damage halved.
• Japan Naginata Cruiser health reduced to 1200 from 1400.
• Japan Shogun Battleship speed reduced to 50 from 75.
• Japan Shogun Battleship cannons now properly scatter against other units.
• Japan Shogun Battleship rate of fire now reduced by 40%.
• Japan Point Defense Drones now have an expiration time of 2 minutes.
• Japan Final Squadron Power damage reduced in accordance with the new power tree design.
Balance Changes: Vision
• Vision changes were incorporated from Red Alert 3: Uprising in order to improve unit behavior.
• Allied Multigunner Turret Vision Range increased to 310 from 300.
• Allied Prism Tower Vision Range increased to 360 from 350.
• Allied Hydrofoil vision range increased to 325 from 300.
• Allied Javelin Soldier vision range increased to 200 from 175.
• Allied Guardian Tank vision range in Target Painter mode increased.
• Special Agent Tanya Adams’ shroud clear range increased to 500 from 400.
• Soviet Apocalypse Tank vision range in Harpoon mode increased.
• Soviet Hammer Tank vision range in Leech mode increased.
• Soviet Terror Drone vision range in Stasis Ray mode increased.
• Soviet Base Defenses vision ranges increased slightly.
• Soviet Bullfrog vision range increased to 325 from 300.
• Soviet commando vision range increased to 175 from 150.
• Japan Seawing vision range increased to 225 from 200.
• Japan Tengu vision range increased to 225 from 200.
• Japan Commando vision range increased to 175 from 150.
• Japan Commando shroud clear range increased to 500 from 400.
User Interface Enhancements
• Players who choose random in online play will now have their faction hidden on the “escape” screen during the match.
• The wait time to kick an online player with a bad connection has been reduced to 30 seconds (from 60).
• Players who are not on your friends list can no longer whisper you while you’re in a match.
• Rally points can be reset on airfields by right clicking on theairfield while it is selected.
• PC Users can now customize right click scroll speed by adding the following command line argument: -dragTolerance # [where # = distance in pixels, typically a number from 1 – 50].
• Interface lag (irresponsiveness between clicks and keyboard commands) has been reduced.
• EVA announcements will no longer play when a disguised spy enters your base.
• Made several improvements to the way garrisoned buildings and captured structures are reported through shroud (in game and on the radar).
• Integrated several AI improvements from Red Alert 3 Uprising.
• The Apoc Tank can no longer move while harpooning.
• Fixed a bug that prevented Allied airfields from building the appropriate number of aircraft in certain situations.
• Fixed a bug that prevented units from attacking enemies withvery low health.
• Fixed a bug that allowed the Soviet Crusher Crane to be captured by an engineer without the 3-second capture delay.
• Fixed a bug that allowed Soviet players to cash bounty their own deployed MCV and then get a refund by selling it.
• Fixed a bug that allowed the Mirage Tank and Tsunami Tank’s secondary abilities to still function when under the effect of an Aircraft Carrier’s blackout missile.
• Fixed a bug that allowed structures to be placed on top of Tesla Troopers in their secondary mode.
• Fixed a bug that occasionally prevented veteran Guardian Tanks from painting targets correctly in their secondary mode.
• Fixed a bug that allowed certain units to be frozen despite being under the effects of an Iron Curtain or Chrono Rift.
• Fixed a bug that caused certain textures to display incorrectly when playing multiple, different community-made maps in succession.
• Chrono Swap no longer allows you to move non-amphibious units from land to water.
• The Shinobi's secondary ability now correctly causes allenemy units who are actively targeting him to lose their target.
• While inside a Nanoswarm, the Apoc and Riptide can now properly attack other units within the Nanoswarm.
• Enemy tanks with the Terror Drone Surprise upgrade will no longer spawn a terror drone when killed by Tanya, as this would kill her instantly.
• Desolator strikes and Chronospheres will no longer affect repair drones.
• Time bombs can no longer be cast on walls.
• Amphibious units may now be sent into a friendly crusher crane on land or at sea.
• Structures that were under repair when captured will no longer be under repair for the new owner.
• If a player has multiple Twinblades selected but not all are garrisoned, pressing the secondary ability button will now only cause the garrisoned Twinblades to descend.
• Blocked an exploit that gave the Bullfrog’s secondary ability (the man cannon) unlimited range.
• Blocked an exploit that allowed the Javelin to remain locked-onwhile moving or when the target goes out of range.
• Blocked an exploit that allowed unlimited camera zoom-out in online play.
• Blocked an exploit that gave a Hammer Tank unlimited Toxic Corrosion.