Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Qarl's Texture Pack III
File Info: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Qarl's Texture Pack III
Description: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Qarl's Texture Pack IIIWith the third version of his texture pack for Oblivion, Qarl set very high standards for the visual quality of games using high resolution textures. He showed possibilities that inspire other texture artists and even professional game designers can learn from just looking at his work. But his pack also set high demands on PC hardware. Even high-end systems still stutter with the enourmous load it demands.
* Most textures are 4 times the size of the originals. Some, even more. This makes things seem much clearer and sharper in-game.
* A large number of meshes have been altered to take advantage of the game engine's parallax shader.
* Only parts of the mesh which NEED parallaxing have the parallax flag enabled. This removes unwanted artifacts parallaxing can cause around corners.
* Textures which use the parallax shader have been altered at the mipmap level so that things look very 3D from a distance but do not get the soupy artifacts associated with the parallax effect when viewed close-up.
* Advanced normal map techniques used to make landscape textures seem very 3D.
* Landscape color maps and normal maps edited at the mipmap level to reduce the tiling effect in the distance.
* Mesh fixes from the Unofficial Oblivion Patch are included.
* Blood splatters, falling snowflakes, butterflies
* Furniture, and other medium-sized clutter
Things NOT retextured:
* Clothes, armor, weapons, creatures, NPCs
* Foliage, the sky
* Kvatch, the Arena, and the Oblivion realm