Serious Sam 2 Patch v2.070
File Info: Serious Sam 2 Patch v2.070
Description: Serious Sam 2 Patch v2.070This is a retail patch for Serious Sam 2. It includes control fixes, browser fixes, keyboard fixes and more. Read below for more information on what this patch includes.
Serious Sam II by Croteam - retail v2.068 patch
Changes in 2.068.00 patch:
- Implemented Deathmatch game mode
- It is now possible to execute a script file from the console (exec script.cfg)
- Added samListPlayers() console command - displays the list of all players in the 'playerindex playername' format.
- Implemented banning of players by IP address (permanent or temporary).
- Implemented map list and map rotation - map list can be specified either in a cvar or through a file.
- Added falling damage.
- Added damage impact - knockback from explosions.
- Increased player speed for deathmatch games (12.5 m/s).
- In DM, player runs faster when using the chainsaw.
- Players dop the current weapon when killed (DM only).
- It is now posible to disable items, weapons and powerups.
- Player can be gibbed (DM only).
- Implemented the in-game voting system (votes for next map, map restart, kicking players, temporary player ban).
- Added the 'only if stronger' option to auto weapon change setting.
- Chat message sound is much louder now.
- Added support for multi-core in physics solver (disabled by default).
Changes in 2.066.00 patch:
- Added dedicated server support (see DedicatedServer.txt in the patch).
- Vertical slider next to some lists (e.g. server list) now reacts to mouse clicks and movement.
- Server list can now be properly used with the mouse.
- Fixed scrolling of some lists (levels, profiles).
- Swapped function of up/down arrows in some menu screens.
- Options boxes (yes/no and similar) now cycle options - selecting the last option and going to the 'next' one will go back to the first option and vice versa.
- Netricsa icon will no longer appear if subtitles are turned off.
- Playing with high ping time (>500ms) caused strange things to happen for clients (dying immediately after respawning, being unable to turn off cheats...).
- Difficulty setting wasn't properly restored when loading a saved game.
- Match details menu screen now displays the server version. It will be displayed in RED if the servers version doesn't match the clients.
- Version number in the main menu is now more visible.
- Added a beep sound when a new line appears in the chat console.
- Added support for resolutions with strange aspect ratio (namely, 1280x1024).
- In cooperative games, info for all players (name, health, armor) is displayed on the right part of the screen.
- Added an option to profile settings ("always pick up items") to disable picking items when not needed (e.g. ammo if already at max ammo).
- Servers can now be password protected via the 'net_strConnectPassword' cvar.
- To join a password protected server, the client mus set the password string to 'net_strConnectPassword' cvar.
- Added the 'samListPlayers()' console command to list all players in format 'playerindex: playername'.
- Bloom effect now works properly in HDR mode on ATI X1000 series boards (no more pixelization).
- Added controling compatibility mode for DirectSound mixing ("software emulation" in "audio options" menu).
- Fixed problem with sound playback and mouse input on multi-(core-)CPU systems.
- Fixed wrong performance detection on Intel integrated graphics chips.
- Fixed wrong profiler timings under dual-core CPUs.
- When toggling HDR mode while using FSAA, cfunc 'gfxRestart()' is now required.
- Weapon can't be changed while recoiling.
- Added message for recently picked items.
- Game can't be quick loaded in multiplayer.
- Fixed jerky movie playback on slower CPUs.
- Added option to automatically quit the game after demo benchmarking is finished (cvar 'bmk_bAutoQuit=1', best to use it as command line param, "+bmk_bAutoQuit 1").
Changes in 2.064.00 patch:
-Customize keys menu screen is now more mouse friendly.
-Mouse movement is ignored during key binding process (customize keys menu screen).
-Mouse buttons 4 and 5 are now supported (through the customize keys menu screen).
-Cheats button will no more appear on the main menu screen when the user is advised to adjust video settings for the first time.
-Questionable picture has been removed from the multiplayer menu screen.
-Virtual keyboard has been removed from the enter text (enter name) menu screen.
-If a profile is created after clicking on the 'Internet' button, the user is now correctly taken to the GameSpy menu screen.
-Quick saved game will now appear at the top of the saved games list (both for load and save game menu screens).
-Fixed problems with connecting to game servers over the internet.
-Internet server sorting now works correctly (through the 'Find match' menu screen).
-Popup menus used to enter server IP address now have button bars at the bottom to provide mouse functionality.
-Selected row in a list doesn't change any more if mouse is moved over the list while a popup menu is displayed.