The Hulk PC Demo
File Info: The Hulk PC Demo
Description: The Hulk PC DemoBecome the troubled scientist Bruce Banner and his enraged alter ego in the PC demo. The demo contains one level that you will play through as Bruce Banner and the destructive green machine, the Hulk.
Date: April 28, 2003
This document provides useful information regarding THE HULKTM. Please read it carefully if you have any questions about the game. For further support, please visit our website at http://support.vugames.com
I. Minimum System Requirements
* 100% DirectX(-compliant 3-D video card with 32 MB VRAM
* Microsoft( Windows( 98/ME/2000/XP operating system
* Pentium( III 700 MHz processor or Athlon( processor
* 192 MB RAM
* DirectX( 8.1 (included)
* 100% DirectX( 8.1 or higher compatible sound card and drivers
* Quad Speed CD-ROM drive
* 100% Microsoft(-compatible mouse, keyboard
* 100% Windows( 98/ME/2000/XP-compatible gamepad (optional)
* at least 200MB of uncompressed hard disk space for game files, plus an additional 200MB for Windows( swap file
II. Recommended System Requirements
The recommended specification is exactly the same as the minimum specification with the following changes:
* Pentium( III 1 GHz processor or Athlon( processor
* 256 MB RAM
* 100% Windows( 98/ME/2000/XP-compatible 6 button, dual stick analog gamepad (optional)
III. Installation instructions
* Insert THE HULK( Demo game disc into your CD-ROM drive.
* If Autoplay is enabled, the splash screen should launch. Click Install and follow the displayed instructions.
* If Autoplay is not enabled, double-click on the My Computer icon on your desktop. Find your CD-ROM drive, right-click on the CD-ROM drive icon, then left-click on Open. You should then see the contents of THE HULK( Demo CD-ROM. To enter the splash screen, double-click on the launch.exe icon. Click Install and follow the displayed instructions. Alternatively, if you do not wish to view the splash screen, double-click on the setup.exe icon to go straight to installation and follow the displayed instructions.
* Verify that you have the required amount of disk space.
* DirectX( 8.1 or higher is required to run THE HULK( Demo. THE HULK( Demo installation will automatically install DirectX( 8.1 unless you choose otherwise. Please note, however, that if you do not have DirectX( 8.1 or higher installed, and you choose not to install DirectX( 8.1, THE HULK( Demo game will not run. Also note that your system is required to have the latest Windows( 98/ME/2000/XP drivers that fully support DirectX( 8.1.
* To uninstall THE HULK( Demo, use the Start Menu shortcut provided.
IV. Gamepad Controls
THE HULK( Demo is designed for a dual-stick analog gamepad with at least 6 buttons. THE HULK( Demo has attempted to provide a useful button mapping for all gamepads, but due to the wide variety of PC gamepads, your controller may not conform to this mapping. All buttons are re-configurable.
Typically, attack buttons map to the first four buttons of the gamepad. The TARGET and FREELOOK buttons map to the gamepad RIGHT and LEFT trigger buttons respectively.
If the gamepad has two analog sticks, one is used for movement and the other is used for changing targets.
If the gamepad has a single stick and a DPad, one is used for movement and the other is used for changing targets.
If the gamepad has only a stick, or only a DPad, it is used for movement. Changing targets is accomplished by holding down the TARGET button and tapping the FREELOOK button.
V. Keyboard Controls
Most keyboard controls are completely configurable.
To change the keyboard mapping for a game function that maps to a single key (like Punch), simply highlight that function, press the Enter key to activate remapping mode, then press any key to remap.
To change the keyboard mapping for a game function that maps to two keys (like Jump/Crouch or Free Look), highlight that function, and press the Enter key to activate map selection mode. Use the arrow keys to move between one of the two available mappings. Press Enter again to enter remapping mode, then press any key to remap.
1. If your game does not start, your video card may not be supported. Please check your video card against the list of supported video cards.
THE HULK( Demo has been tested on most, but not all of the major video cards incorporating the chipsets below:
* ATI(r) Radeon
* ATI(r) Radeon 7200
* ATI(r) Radeon 8500
* ATI(r) Radeon 9000
* ATI(r) Radeon 9700
* NVidia(tm) GeForce 2 GTS
* NVidia(tm) GeForce 3/Ti series
* NVidia(tm) GeForce 4 MX
* NVidia(tm) GeForce 4 series
The following graphics card chipsets are not supported by THE HULK(, or exhibit known problems:
* ATI Radeon 7500 - exhibits severe rendering artifacts with drivers dated prior to April, 2003
* ATI Radeon 8500 - exhibits minor rendering artifacts with drivers dated prior to April, 2003
If you are experiencing difficulties with your video card, please try upgrading to the latest drivers available for your card.
2. Do not connect or disconnect a USB device while this program is running.
3. If the THE HULK( Demo crashes after you increase your video resolution, your video card may not support that resolution at your monitor's current refresh rate. Under Windows( 2000/XP, the THE HULK( Demo should be able to detect this situation and will attempt to warn you. However, under Windows( 98/ME, the THE HULK( Demo is unable to determine your monitor's current refresh rate. Lower your monitor's refresh rate, and try again.
4. If you hear bursts of static, you likely have the DirectX( developer SDK installed and you are using the Debug version. You can remove the bursts of static by selecting the Retail version of DirectX(:
* Click the Start Menu
* Click Programs - Microsoft DirectX SDK - Install DirectX RunTime - Install Retail DirectX
Alternatively, if you are hearing static under Windows( XP and have a SoundBlaster Live! Value 1024 Digital sound card, the problem is mostly likely related to your sound card's driver.
5. The following sound cards are not supported by THE HULK( Demo, or exhibit known problems:
* Best Data Theatrix
6. If you are experiencing sound problems during game play, or the game becomes unstable (sound disappears, game drawing speed slows down severely, game crashes suddenly to desktop), the problem may be sound card related. The Turtle Beach Santa Cruz and certain SoundMax Digital sound cards are known to make the game unstable if hardware acceleration is turned on. If you have a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz sound card, or are experiencing sound problems or unexplained crashing of any kind, disable hardware acceleration:
* Click on Start->Run...
* Type "dxdiag" and press enter
* Observe the application while it loads, wait until the progress bar completes.
* Click on the Sound tab
* Under the "DirectX Features" frame, locate the "Hardware Sound Acceleration Level" slider
* Slide it all the way to the left until it reads "No acceleration".
* Click Exit, re-run the game.
Alternatively, if the above does not help, and you are still experiencing sound problems, try the following:
* Double-click on the My Computer icon on your desktop, or right-click on the icon and choose the Open option.
* Double-click on the Control Panel icon.
* Find the Sounds and Multimedia icon and double-click on it.
* On the Audio tab, click on the Advanced Properties button under Playback.
* Select Basic or No Hardware acceleration from the Performance tab.
* Click on OK.
* Restart the game.
7. Keyboard beeping. Many PC keyboards limit the number of simultaneous button presses to 3. If your keyboard exhibits this problem, you may hear a beeping noise from the computer's speaker, or you may only be able to press 3 buttons at once. This limit sometimes only applies to keys close to each other on the keyboard.
To improve the situation, try changing your keyboard mapping to move game keys further apart. Go to the Options - Control Options - Keyboard Configuration screen. This option screen has 3 pages that allow you to change all of the keyboard settings.
8. If you have an InterAct SV-233 PC Gamepad, you must turn off the "auto" feature. Use of the "auto" feature causes incorrect control behavior in THE HULK( Demo.
9. If you have 2 CD-ROM drives and are attempting to run the game with the CD in the second CD-ROM drive, but it will not start from the Autoplay application, please start the game from the Start Menu shortcut.
10. If you are running Windows 98 or Windows ME and movie playback is choppy or slow, try the following:
* Open the Control Panel
* Double click "System" to open the System Properties dialog
* Open the "Performance" Tab
* Click on the "Virtual Memory..." button
* Make sure "Let me specify my own settings" is checked, and set "Minimum" and "Maximum" to the same value (512 MB is reasonable)
* Click OK
* Click OK
* Click OK to reboot
11. When playing with the keyboard, if a pressing a key results in the key appearing to be "stuck", for example, pressing "A" and releasing results in the character always moving left, try pressing the key in question again.
12. If you are running Windows ME, and the game stops responding to button presses on your gamepad, please exit the game, unplug and replug your gamepad into its port, and restart the game.
1 - The Hulk PC Demo